Does anyone have any luck sync'ing live WWL radio with the OTA TV broadcast? (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I cut cable years ago and use regular ol' rabbit-ears antenna to get the HD over-the-air broadcast of the games (which looks beautiful, by the way -- better than when I had cable).

The problem is that the TV broadcast is a good 5-10 seconds ahead of WWL radio (870 or 105.3).

Anyone have any luck sync'ing them up?

On DirecTV I would pause the TV until the radio was synced. Sometimes it was ~45sec.

I'm not sure how you would do it with antenna....(BTW, antenna has THE best HD signal).

Hey man, WWL doesn't attempt to sync their broadcast anymore as with so many sources, there is no way they could make all happy.

They assume that everyone has DVR's now and the listener could pause their TV.

With that said, it will require a small investment for you, but I think it would be well worth it. There are some DVR's for Antenna setups like yours.

See this:
https://www.amazon.com/Simple-TV-Si...vr-20&linkId=f1eea4c5cd67a0294eda01e2607bd425

Or these:
OTA DVR Comparison for Cord Cutters: Best OTA DVRs 2016

Personally, I think it would be well worth it just for the saints games, then on top of that you could DVR any tv shows like if you were a cable customer.

Good Luck!

James's answer is the only option. They actually said on the radio earlier this week that they're 13 seconds behind live action because of the delay and suggested pausing the game on the dvr to sync it up. That came straight from Deke's mouth as the only way to sync the audio with the teevee.

James's answer is the only option. They actually said on the radio earlier this week that they're 13 seconds behind live action because of the delay and suggested pausing the game on the dvr to sync it up. That came straight from Deke's mouth as the only way to sync the audio with the teevee.

Wow. Deke said something intelligent.

Wow. Deke said something intelligent.

He did. Although he stumbled through it in his typical manner. It was in response to someone who'd texted in pretty much the same question as the OP though asking if there was anyway to do it watching the games over the air, not on cable or satellite, so he didn't really answer their question directly but left them to infer that it's not possible without a dvr.

For some reason, I think the game on tv is actually 2 or 3 seconds behind the radio broadcast. I have Dish, so I wonder if that might be why.

Slightly different frustration, but my number one beef with Sunday Ticket streaming is the significant delay, over 2 minutes, which makes any social media use during the game spoiler central. Probably a niche but popular app in there somewhere to sync that up as well.

Slightly different frustration, but my number one beef with Sunday Ticket streaming is the significant delay, over 2 minutes, which makes any social media use during the game spoiler central. Probably a niche but popular app in there somewhere to sync that up as well.

Funny story.

During our super bowl, my wife and a girl friend of hers watched the game in our den which was via an antenna while my brothers and I watched upstairs through our DTV box.

During the Colts drive at the end, Peyton stepped to the line and we heard a blood curdling scream from the den. Four seconds later, Porter picked Manning.

So essentially, my wife didn't spoiler alert the biggest moment in Saints history.

I have Dish, the TV broadcast is approximately 8 seconds behind the radio broadcast. That's why I DVR and watch later. My day consists of being on a secluded part of my property in the county, listen to Jim and Deuce and drink adult beverages in the back of my truck. It's great !!

In directtv the tv lags behind the radio. I plug the radio into the computer and use a program to delay the radio which plays through the computer sound system. But its a hassle to set up so I have quit doing it. I really miss wwl.

I used to have the game by Sunday Ticket and the WWL feed via Sirius (when I was living in Virginia).

It was fairly consistent and I could pause the opening kickoff and count to 7 and it was usually pretty close. I would fine-tune it if necessary. You knew you had it nailed when the refs' audio was perfectly in sync.

But yeah, you end up quite a bit behind the game if your friends are texting. Also, you can't switch to different games in commercial breaks or halftime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom