Does anyone have Charter? (1 Viewer)

I switched from Charter to DirecTV just after Katrina and that was a good move. I recently switched from DirecTV to Dish and that was also a good move. Yes, DTV has a bunch of HD channels that I wouldn't watch anyway but Dish has CST and more Astros baseball, all the home games in HD. They even pick up the My 20 games that aren't on Fox SW. I don't need Sunday Ticket because I'm in the Dome most Sundays anyway.

I have hated Charter since I was in college in the early-mid 90's. When I moved into my new house In Feb '05 I installed DirectTV and haven't looked back.

My hatred of Charter came when i moved into a Dorm one semester and got the Cable Package the Resident Houseing offered. End of the semester comes and I move out of the dorm into an apartment. I have cable in my apartement (in my name) for the next 3 years. I get a job in Mandeville, move into a new apartment, once again I get Charter. I get married and move into a house but guess what? I can't get Charter to hook up my cable because I have a $6,300 outstanding balance from 1994. Charter never shut off the cable to my dorm room after the semester. So everyone that lived in that room after I moved out until 2001 got free cable. Charter said I was responsible for the balance since it was in my name and I argured the point that I had a Semester Contract via the college. Then they said I had to prove that I didn't live there any more. I had to get the Houseing Dept @ the Univ to issue a letter to them stating that I moved out in '94. After a while I get things worked out, they come hook up my cable and my first invoice is for my regular installment + $6,300. I had to get an attorney to write a letter on my behalf and got a collection call monthly for a year. When I bought my new house I pretty much covered all of my bases in having my cable disconnected. Phone Request, Certified Letter Written Request and Follow Up Phone Call Confirmation that the service was terminated. So far so good but I wouldn't be surprised if I get a statement in the mail on day.

EDIT- I have Bellsouth/ATT&T DSL and I haven't had any issues. But in fairness if it wasn't for the DSL, Bellsouth wouldn't touch my house either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom