Does anyone have recordings of Jim and Archie calling games? (1 Viewer)

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Back before Zach & Deuce, Jim & Deuce, and Jim & Hokie, I grew up listening to Jim H. calling the games with Archie as the color commentator. I'd love to have some of those to listen to.

Anyone by chance have any recordings they could share?

I wish. Before Katrina, I had a few cassette tapes. I credit those two with helping to develop my imagination. I was 9,10, 11 years old and with their help I had to imagine a LOT of games that were blacked out on TV. Watching the news on Thursdays or Friday to see if Hibernia would buy the remaining tickets ?

Indeed, I remember the Jim & Archie team and also the Jim & Larry Matson team. As the previous post alludes to, many of us got a steady helping of radio announcing teams because a lot of Saints home games were blacked out locally if they didn't sell out three days before kickoff. The early/mid '80s were pretty much all blacked out!

I wish. Before Katrina, I had a few cassette tapes. I credit those two with helping to develop my imagination. I was 9,10, 11 years old and with their help I had to imagine a LOT of games that were blacked out on TV. Watching the news on Thursdays or Friday to see if Hibernia would buy the remaining tickets ?
Same here. Me and my mom used to always go to 11 o'clock mass and we'd get to the car just in time for Jim's pre-game commentary. I'd listen to kickoff on the way home in the car and then run inside to the radio as soon as we got home. Those were certainly different days haha.

There was one exchange during a pre-season game they were doing together involving Tom Ackerman, and I'll let it go at that, other than the fact that I am still laughing a couple of decades later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom