Does anyone here remember the Chargers/Saints game in 2004 (2 Viewers)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I remember that game like it was yesterday, it was in San Deigo of course and the Chargers had Drew Brees and I thought at the time we could beat The Chargers team at the time, I mean I knew they were good and all but this kid Drew Brees was just amazing that day, he just torched us that day and our secondary and I think it was Haslett at the time who later said that we played dumb but hard and some little stupid comment like that he was capable of, but it never dawned on me that that kid Brees would become what he become in this town never not in a million years you know.

I never thought in 2004 that Brees woul come anywhere near this town or the Saints , but here he is a Saint and playing MVP football on this team this year, he has to be our best QB since Archie Manning, he has that ability to lead a team.

Archie had it but never could show it consistently, Hebert should it but couldnt contnue it in the playoffs, Brooks wasnt a leader at all in his time here, but Brees has been that leader we need, he is that type of QB we want to have.
and we have been rewarded by him being here.

God Bless you Drew Brees, you have done well in your time here, By God you have done more in 1 year then Brooks did in 6 years.

I didn't want to start a new topic so I searched for an old one to bump up.

When did you officially forgive Brees for the defeat in the 2004 game at San Diego that did eventually cost us a 5th seed wild card berth in a 3 way tie with 2 other 8-8 teams (Viqueens and Lambs)? I'd say after the 2006 Atlanta game in the reopened Superdome.

He was just doing his job. I didn't hold a grudge for that.

Yeah, that's the game Aaron Brooks threw the ball backwards

I blamed us for losing, not him for winning. Hell, I didn't even remember he was the QB that day.

I've been looking for video of this & can't find it anywhere.

It replays in my head occasionally..

Some buddies and I flew out to SD for the game.. Actually met up with a few SR.com members out there as well.. We ended up with some of the best seats in the house - 50 yard line, lower level.. It was a gorgeous day..

Then the game started..

I was there and I traveled 8 hours just to see our boys. So I had just gotten out of a year long relationship and the girl I was dating lived close to SD so I called her before the game and in an immature, desperate move, told her "I'm here at the Saints game in San Diego and there are all these Saints fans here but because your such a loser your not here." Something to that effect. Then I watched the Saints get torched and drove home 8 hours while leaving her multiple messages which never got returned. Man that was a disaster!

I was at that game, too. :(

It was raining and thank goodness we were in the end zone undercover!

Because it's one of the funniest things to happen in football in the last 10 years, regardless of what team you pull for.

This was pretty funny too!
2002439277.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom