Does anyone know about a place online (2 Viewers)

I'm not going to post links to sites that allow you to commit crimes (they are easy enough to find on Google), but if you are going to go ahead and steal copyrighted materials without paying for them you should probably look into paying for a VPN service first so your Internet provider doesn't send you cease and desist letters forwarded to them by movie studios.

To be fair, I don't think he was asking for illegal sites. There are semi-free options. But really are paid subscriptions. Disney +, Netflix, Amazon Prime and such that stream movies. Not free. But not a la carte either.

To be fair, I don't think he was asking for illegal sites. There are semi-free options. But really are paid subscriptions. Disney +, Netflix, Amazon Prime and such that stream movies. Not free. But not a la carte either.

I think he is looking for "free." Whether David realizes that it's actually stealing or not is a different question.

I'm not so sure about that. One website he already specifically named is in (at best) sketchy legal territory. I don't think it is legal at all but I also won't pretend to understand all of the content and streaming laws.

tenor.gif

I think he is looking for "free." Whether David realizes that it's actually stealing or not is a different question.

Well he did say he checked Disney+, so there's that as well as another movie site. None of that sounded illegal to me. I don't know what he was using on the phone. I can't read his mind, so I dunno.

When you say a place to "watch new release movies for free," do you mean a place where you can steal movies off the internet?
No. don't want to steal anything. There are online streaming sites all over - especially on android - where you can watch movies that have come out for free. Looking for a site like this on PC.

Well he did say he checked Disney+, so there's that as well as another movie site. None of that sounded illegal to me. I don't know what he was using on the phone. I can't read his mind, so I dunno.

I don't think solarmovies.com is a legit "movie site". I think they track in illegal torrents and downloads.

On Google Play Store, there are all kinds of movies apps for your phone. You are not stealing anything. Just streaming movies. I don't want to do anything illegal. Just want to stream the movies.

No. don't want to steal anything. There are online streaming sites all over - especially on android - where you can watch movies that have come out for free. Looking for a site like this on PC.

You are correct that there are streaming sites all over but I would caution you to look into how safe and legal they are before using them.

So many pop up because so many get shut down (for good reason).

Didn't know any of this was illegal. Just want to watch the movie again. Saw it at the BO, but only once. It's on Youtube as well, but only a quarter of the movie. Yes, you can but it or rent it. I just wanted to stream it. It's no different than loaning out a movie you have bought, or a CD. At least, to me. If it's illegal, then sorry. Didn't know that.

Didn't know any of this was illegal. Just want to watch the movie again. Saw it at the BO, but only once. It's on Youtube as well, but only a quarter of the movie. Yes, you can but it or rent it. I just wanted to stream it. It's no different than loaning out a movie you have bought, or a CD. At least, to me. If it's illegal, then sorry. Didn't know that.
Loaning out a movie or CD you bought is technically illegal too. They just don't have any way to prosecute unless you go and announce how and where you got the copyrighted materials.

Yes, you can but it or rent it. I just wanted to stream it. It's no different than loaning out a movie you have bought, or a CD. At least, to me. If it's illegal, then sorry. Didn't know that.

It's really not comparable to that though. It's a much different scale and easier to track and prove you are doing it. If they allowed these movies to be freely shared on youtube then they would be streamed in the millions. These YouTubers would make money hand over fist for all of their page traffic, all for sharing something they had nothing to do with. It would also take a gigantic chunk out of all the actual rental and sales figures. I mean, why rent it when you can just go to youtube or some other website?

Like I said, you may not realize that those sites are stealing content, and in turn you are actually stealing intellectual property, but that is what is happening. Unless you are getting content from Amazon, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc. and paying for the service, there is about a 99.9% chance that the content on the site you are using is stolen. It's the reason you can't get it on iPhones. The Apple App Store won't let those types of software be sold where as Androids are open source.

I think your best bet is to look into getting Disney +. They are some pretty affordable bundles right now (and probably some free trial time limits). All of the Marvel and current Star Wars stuff is on there, and if you wait about a week, the new Star Wars movie will be on there too.

You could even look into splitting the cost with a roommate, or a friend/relative who may want to stream from their own device?

On Google Play Store, there are all kinds of movies apps for your phone. You are not stealing anything. Just streaming movies. I don't want to do anything illegal. Just want to stream the movies.

It's stealing David. It's a violation of international and U.S. copyright laws. I don't really care if people want to do it, and I suspected that you didn't realize what was going on, but I do think it's important for people to know that it is what they are doing.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom