Does anyone know anything about a Chrome Book laptop (1 Viewer)

It's a very nice little laptop. She has 2. She wanted to take the app that's on it now off, and put Windows on, if she could get a cheap copy of it. I told her she could always go with linux if she wanted to. Then, I looked at the laptop she brought me. There's no function keys, and it doesn't come up to a screen where I can get to the BIOS to change the boot order. I figured it didn't have a lot of RAM, and was wondering about the HD. Thanx. guys

It is not an app, it is ChromeOS, and operating system, and it is based on the Linux kernel, just like Debian, RH, Slackware, Ubuntu, etc...

To change boot order or get a command prompt you'll need to go into developer mode. ESC + F3 + power button at the same time will get you there (if memory servers me right), but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know what you are doing.

What is it you want to do with the laptop? What is in Windows that you need that you think you can't do in a Chromebook??

Last edited:
What is it you want to do with the laptop? What is in Windows that you need that you think you can't do in a Chromebook??

For me it’s just the system support of many client side programs. One that was huge for me was Evernote. The desktop version of this software far exceeds what online only can. I don’t think it’s impossible for them to make an online only version comparable but if that market share isn’t big enough it just won’t get the needed attention. I’m sure there are many apps that weigh this similarly.

but as I’ve stated, I love my chrome book. It just couldn’t be my only option at this point.

Why is a laptop called a laptop?
Because at one point they were made to sit on your lap. As we pack more power and sheet in them, they are now too big and get too hot for lap usage unless you're a masochist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom