Does Anyone Know How Easy it is to See NFL Games Overseas? (3 Viewers)

TheBigEasy99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Italy for 10 days next Friday, and while I am completely stoked to be going (I've never been out of the country before) I am a little bummed out as I will be missing two Saints games (Cincinnatti and Atlanta). I have either watched, listened to, or attended every Saints there's been over the last decade and now I have to miss two games.

Does anyone know how easy it is to see NFL games in Italy? American football isn't very popular over there, do sports bars show the games? I'm not planning on spending the entire trip obsessing over the Saints, but a noon kick off here means about a 7:00 p.m. kickoff there, so I wouldn't miss to much sight seeing.

Anyone have any information?

Depending on where you go it will be hard even to find a sports bar. And even if you find one it's unlikely they'll show American Football. And if they do it's even more unlikely they'll show the Saints because usually only one game will be broadcasted.

Yea, my friend its unlikely you'll find something, most people around the world don't really follow American Football and aren't interested......The complaint I always get is that they hate how it always stops after each play.....hahaha....Good luck but I doubt you'll find something....

If you have a high-speed broadband connection(at least 256 kb, 300 kb is better), you can download a free program:
www.download.com/TVU-Player/3000-2194_4-10549204.html

which carries various American channels on the West Coast, primarily in the San Francisco area,including these affiliates - ABC, CBS, NBC, ESPN, ESPN2, Fox.
You'll get one CBS and at least one Fox Sunday NFL game and the Monday night ESPN game. I'm not sure about the NBC Sunday night game. Just remember, most of the games will be broadcast after midnite in Italy...

Nonsense!

There will be places there with the games on.

Where in Italy will you be?

Well, I don't know how things are in Italy but I live in Germany. Football is much more popular here than anywhere else in Europe and until 3 years ago we didn't even have a sportsbar in my town (population: 150,000). There you can only see the one game (at a time) you can see on PayTV.

Check out streamtvnow.com (as someone suggest to me here on this forum). Its been pretty good so far this season as I've been able to catch most games I wanted to see. The early Sunday games starts at about 7.00pm CET (Central European Time), Sunday night games at 11.00pm. You should probably skip MNF if you plan on getting up early Tuesday morning tho. :)

If you can't find somewhere showing the game then the Yahoo NFL Game Pass is definately the best online option. I've watched every game this year using it and it's a far better quality and easier option than the free streams and players out there (TVU is a good free option but you're not guaranteed a stream of Saints games). It also works better than the other options over slow broadband connections (I've also used it to watch games while in Malaysia).

At $25/week it's not cheap, but you can watch any game being played and a replay is available for up to 24hrs after a game (I don't understand why it's only 24hrs but it' probably due to other broadcast agreements).

Best advice would be to rely on the internet. I've been doing it for 8 years. You need to subscribe to NFL fieldpass to listen online. Or there is some other deal where you can watch through yahoo with the nfl but its a bit pricey. In any case you'll need a broadband connection. So - when you get to Italy you'll need 2 things - your own laptop computer and broadband connection.

Do not even remotely imagine you can find a US style bar showing US football. Just bring your laptop - set aside 4 hours for the game and enjoy your opportunity to experience a foreign culture the rest of the time. Italy has nice clothing and sexy conservative women - and good food.

What do you mean by conservative?

Not sure how it is now but when i was in germany from 88 to 92 the only way to whatch football was on AFN armed forces network and they showed the national games only but that was before all the direct tv and dishes became popular

I'll be on a cruise for the atlanta game, as soon as i get on the boat i'm running to the sports bar and making sure they are showing the game.

Depending on where you go it will be hard even to find a sports bar. And even if you find one it's unlikely they'll show American Football. And if they do it's even more unlikely they'll show the Saints because usually only one game will be broadcasted.

...People, please stop calling it "American Football." It is "Football." The other sport is "soccer." Thank you- that is all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom