Does Anyone Know How Easy it is to See NFL Games Overseas? (2 Viewers)

I'm leaving for Italy for 10 days next Friday, and while I am completely stoked to be going (I've never been out of the country before) I am a little bummed out as I will be missing two Saints games (Cincinnatti and Atlanta). I have either watched, listened to, or attended every Saints there's been over the last decade and now I have to miss two games.

Does anyone know how easy it is to see NFL games in Italy? American football isn't very popular over there, do sports bars show the games? I'm not planning on spending the entire trip obsessing over the Saints, but a noon kick off here means about a 7:00 p.m. kickoff there, so I wouldn't miss to much sight seeing.

Anyone have any information?

Find a friend that has slingbox and ask if you can log into his slingbox when you are away to watch the Saints games. All you need is a broadband connection on your computer and the slingmedia player installed. go to slingbox.com for more info.

...People, please stop calling it "American Football." It is "Football." The other sport is "soccer." Thank you- that is all.

If he ask about a place to watch football in Italy they will be talking about Soccer. A lot of europeans don't understand why americans call the game football when they throw the ball most of the time - I have been asked that question +100000 times

Sexy and Conservative? Well Italy is part of the club med countries - Spain, France & Italy. They are more family oriented and generally Catholic. Whereas bedding a German or British girl is fairly straight forward - the Latin countries require a more subtle hand. Fashoin begins in Paris and Milan. The Latin countries focus more on social protocol. Just my humble opinion - the women are extremely provocative and sexy while at the same time being risk averse. There you have it - conservative and sexy. But when they sin - they really sin.

That sounds like my ideal woman, maybe i'll have to make a trip to Italy in the near future. What places/cities in Italy have you been to??

I have never been to Europe. I know England, Spain, and probably Germany show some of the Sunday day games. In Africa, all I get are Sunday and Monday night games, live and delay the following afternoon.

There's an English guy over here who manages a "tavern-like" place who wants to show American Football on Thankgiving. The problem is ESPN is not showing anything but the primetme stuff, so I doubt it.

I have DS TV, which is South African station. They have 8 channels and NOT one of them show anything American Football at all,... in fact there isn't any American sports on those channels. Rugby is very popular in South Africa so I doubt two similar sports can coexist. The same is true with Baseball.... crickett is huge down there. I have learned more about crickett than I ever, I mean ever wanted to know. Its amazing, but ESPN advertise crickett all the time. It isn't you Eastern Seaboard Programming Network over here,...LOL

BTW, I have been doing my part. I teach upper school PE (among other things) and I have been teaching them how to play "American" Football.

Last edited:
Yea Rugby and cricket are big in countries like SA, Australia and UK........Most I talk to always rag on football, they think the players are soft(because they play with pads) and they hate that everything stops after each play.....

Its just a cultural thing man, when you learn the game of football it's awesome...

Yea Rugby and cricket are big in countries like SA, Australia and UK........Most I talk to always rag on football, they think the players are soft(because they play with pads) and they hate that everything stops after each play.....

Its just a cultural thing man, when you learn the game of football it's awesome...

Well, I troed to watch cricket,... it doesn't interest me. It was the same for Gaelic Football. I can get into Aussie Football. That is bad stuff.

I totally like rugby,.. tbis weekend that are five great games,...
Ireland- South Africa
New Zealand all blacks (best team in the world)- France (#2 in the World)
Argentina- England (they got killed by the All Blacks last weekend)
Italy- Australia (unimpressive against Wales, and Italy showed improvement in 2006's 6 Nationscup).
Also, I think Wales is plaing Romania I expect wales to win by 20.

Anyway going back to what you said about gwtting into American Football. When i first introduced the idea of playing American Football, all I heard, "Why can't we keep playing *soccer" (*they know I am american). Now, they really have gotten into the game.

Next, i will introduce baseball (well technically softball,...no gloves!)

Here're pictures of them playing,... that's me in the white shirt

Attachments

• Football Game.jpg
    Football Game.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Ice Dragons.jpg
    Ice Dragons.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Razors.jpg
    Razors.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Jean Marc & Sang Ah.jpg
    Jean Marc & Sang Ah.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Anyway going back to what you said about gwtting into American Football. When i first introduced the idea of playing American Football, all I heard, "Why can't we keep playing *soccer" (*they know I am american). Now, they really have gotten into the game.

Next, i will introduce baseball (well technically softball,...no gloves!)

Here're pictures of them playing,... that's me in the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=white%20shirt" onmouseover="window.status='<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=white%20shirt" onmouseover="window.status='white shirt'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">white shirt</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">white shirt</a>

...That is PHENOMENAL..... I love that you're forcing football on those kids- but it looks like you've got your work cut out for you :hihi: ..... Keep doin' what you're doin', Man- we need more teachers like you around the world.......

...That is PHENOMENAL..... I love that you're forcing football on those kids- but it looks like you've got your work cut out for you :hihi: ..... Keep doin' what you're doin', Man- we need more teachers like you around the world.......

Thanks,... but you don't know the half it,...LOL

I haven't seen so many ducks since the openng of duck season.
I told one student to run hard for ten yards (I told him what cone to run to, and then turn around and run back to me,... he kept running,...LOL I ask him why, and told me, he thought when I said run hard it meant all the way to the end. Also, 5 and ins, turn into flag patterns. It was like coaching a beginner 9 & 10 team. Good news is they are getting better and more ethusiastic.

Like some people already mentioned above, Yahoo has the Int'l Game Pass for 25 bucks a week. Pricey, but it gets the job done. And that 24 hour buffer is probably to helps saps like me who are waking up at 3 on Monday morning to watch Sunday's noon kickoffs.

TVU Player is OK. I watched, with a little difficulty, the Homecoming game on a tape delay on ESPN Asia at 7 PM Tuesday Japan time, completely oblivious to the outcome and no doubt scaring the hell out of my neighbors as I went berserk when Gleason blocked the punt.

If you took the $250 that you'd be plunking down for the season subscription to Yahoo's thing, you could get yourself a Slingbox and enjoy your own TV everywhere. That's what I did, and I have 250 DirecTV channels. Including Sunday Ticket.

If you took the $250 that you'd be plunking down for the season subscription to Yahoo's thing, you could get yourself a Slingbox and enjoy your own TV everywhere. That's what I did, and I have 250 DirecTV channels. Including Sunday Ticket.

Ok, Iam not a tech garu, but what is a slingbox?

I'm in Prague, Czech Republic and have watched two games here at a sportsbar. It's through Skysports, which is a satelite system out of the UK. They televise two of the early games and two of the late ones. The game against Pitts is being sceduled to be televised this Sunday as one of the second games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom