Does anyone know how we covered Gronk? (1 Viewer)

IsraeliSaintsFan

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We held Gronk to 2 catches on 3 targets for 11 yards, though I would have expected him to be TB's go-to guy in the first game at least. Anyone know who was covering him?

(In fact, Brady targeted TEs 10 times for 6 catches and 47 yards, with the only real miscue being Howard's all-alone TD - nice work by the LBs?)

lilflcajun

Veteran
Reaction score
Gronk is not what his once was. But to your point yes we did a good. I don’t know who was the blame on letting Howard get free but the closest guy was Ellis. That is only time I seen him all game so I guess he played well or was not much of a liability. We had extra safety on field a whole bunch which is why Ellis not in the box score.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We held Gronk to 2 catches on 3 targets for 11 yards, though I would have expected him to be TB's go-to guy in the first game at least. Anyone know who was covering him?

(In fact, Brady targeted TEs 10 times for 6 catches and 47 yards, with the only real miscue being Howard's all-alone TD - nice work by the LBs?)
He is a shell of his former self.

He got tackled low very early on and took a looong time to get back to huddle. Cameras caught Brady asking "are you OK?".

He is no longer an effective weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
Don't see Gronk playing over Cameron Brate much longer. I wonder if he did something to upset Arians, he didn't get any targets or he didn't play at all.

rob22278

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On one of his catches he put his shoulder into J Jenkins on the tackle. It gave Jenkins a stinger and he had to leave for a series. P Rob came in At corner and committed a PI penalty. Third quarter maybe?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom