Does anyone know how we covered Gronk? (1 Viewer)

He is a shell of his former self.

He got tackled low very early on and took a looong time to get back to huddle. Cameras caught Brady asking "are you OK?".

He is no longer an effective weapon.

Yep, he got hit hard from the side on that hit and you could see it clearly affected him.

I don't know how they handled Gronk but I remember being glad he was in there instead of Brate. Every target was a wasted play.

Don't see Gronk playing over Cameron Brate much longer. I wonder if he did something to upset Arians, he didn't get any targets or he didn't play at all.
Can we have him back if they don't want him anymore?

I rewatched the game and the defensive line played an incredible game and were able to cover the pass plays on receptions around the line of scrimmage. They went downfield to Gronk once and he was blanketed. He does appear to be ineffective as a weapon. Maybe Brady trusts him as a blocker, but Brate and Howard are much better as offensive weapons with the ball. It is early with no pre-season, so maybe he's just out of shape and out of sync with the new offense. Not quite writing him off yet, but he's had a lot of injuries, a year older, and took a year off....not a great recipe.

DA did a good job of switching up coverages throughout the game. We doubled Gronk early on and then went to doubling both Evans and Godwin at the same time. Did a good job of not letting Brady throw underneath which kinda forced him away from his TEs. I will say there was a play late in the 3rd where Gronk was wide open on a corner route that could have easily been a 40 yard gain. Brady got antsy feet and checked down without even noticing him Lol

As long as Gronk is covered, he won't do much. Where he will be dangerous is if he is wide open. Still a big target and can still catch. Might be slow, but he can still catch people off guard if not paying attention.

I didn't expect him to do much against us, but if Tampa finds a way to use him with Brady, it could be dangerous.

Gronk is a party animal who retired from the NFL because his body was literally falling apart and then spent a year partying. He then unretired and came back in a season with no OTAs, no mini-camps, half of a training camp, and no preseason games.

The only people who genuinely thought Gronk was going to be dangerous work for ESPN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom