Does anyone remember Kaden Elliss's old man? (1 Viewer)

Kyle brister

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Luther Elliss was drafted by the Detroit Lions in the 1st round of the 95 draft. He was 2 time pro bowler for the Lions. The funny part of the story is Elliss's old man went to Utah on an academic scholarship, then played his way onto the football team. Little wonder Elliss could possibly be a starter the first game of the season & will likely be a solid contributor this year for the Saints. It seems this kid was the state of Utah MVP as a defensive end/QB & led his high school to their 1st state title in 30 years. You can say what you want to, but a kid that plays QB & leads his team to a state title had the smarts do to anything nfl. If the athleticism matches the profile, you better believe you have a player on your hands. Hold the phone! this kid also played on offense? freaking crazy. it seems he was a pretty decent tight end/ WR. Kudos to the Saints scouting department as one of the best in all of football.

Ellis is a baller! His old man was a tough son of a gun! Jr. has the pedigree to match! The focus, the drive, the humbleness, and a great teammate is what impresses me most.
Kaden LOVES the game! ANOTHER, 7th round diamond in the rough!!! I'm looking at you #12 from Hofstra!!!!..... Marques "Quiet Storm" Colston...
Focus... Drive... Humbleness....Loves the game.... Great Teammate.... hhhmmmm... Could Ellis be related to Colston?????
**I bought a coke with Ellis on it yesterday. It's an omen, he makes the team... LOL

His old man was the precursor to Haloti Ngata. Seriously, he was like Wayne Martin in that the Lions moved him all over the line, and he performed well wherever he was placed.

I really have high hopes for Kaden as I think he has the talent to be a player, and not just on special teams.

Makes sense now. It always amuses me how Sean goes after players that have had family in the NFL. Must have some sort of data that shows it being more successful.

Kid looked great last week in a starter's role. He was all over the field and always seemed to be near the ball. I don't think there's any doubt he makes the team.

ANOTHER, 7th round diamond in the rough!!!
I enjoyed the enthusiasm of your post on Kaden, but I love it when an undrafted, or very low drafted young man comes out of seemingly nowhere to become an nfl player & he is given the proverbial diamond in the rough moniker so that coaches can take the credit for the young player's exploits. Seeing this kid run the defense last week & do a good job of it tells me he came in here pretty polished between the ears.

Saints have become extremely good at talent evaluation. Seems like Jeff Ireland really took the saints to a different level when they added him. Sean Peyton has always been strong on the offensive side. Makes me positive in the saints future even after the drew brees era ends.

Makes sense now. It always amuses me how Sean goes after players that have had family in the NFL. Must have some sort of data that shows it being more successful.
I think SP knows that most college kids are hand held through most of their career
That doesn’t mean they know how to work to be a pro
Kids of former players have seen what it takes to succeed

I'm hoping he becomes the saints version of Luke kuechly. Might not play the same lb spot but all out effort all the time.

Since Payton has been here, they seem to do well drafting players who have NFL bloodlines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom