Does anyone remember Sky King? (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

One of my favorite shows from back in the day. Even Jimmy Buffett talks about, "writing fan letters to Sky's niece Penny" in Pencil Thin Mustache:

One of my favorite shows from back in the day. Even Jimmy Buffett talks about, "writing fan letters to Sky's niece Penny" in Pencil Thin Mustache:

Okay, so I'm 6 minutes into this episode and it's pretty good. I'm going to keep watching. I like Sky King's plane.

I've heard of the show but never actually watched it. :9:

Okay, so I'm 6 minutes into this episode and it's pretty good. I'm going to keep watching. I like Sky King's plane.

I've heard of the show but never actually watched it. :9:

Not bad for a 50's serial. The plane in this episode is Sky's 2nd plane, a Cessna 310. Earlier in the series her flew a Bamboo Bomber, a Cessna T-50. Here is some video of that plane.

I hadn't thought about Sky King in ages. I even watched it occasionally. Thanks for the memories.

This is the type of thing I used to lie about to gain favor of older co-workers:

Them: “Hey Paul, I know this might be a bit before your time, but ever heard of the show Sky King?”
Me: “Of course! Man my dad got me hooked on it!”
Them: “That’s great, sing the theme song with me!”
Me: “All hail the sky king, swooping down with Yoda, drinking baking soda, with Rocky Balboa!”
Them: “Lying bastage!”

:covri:

Oh, yes, absolutely! Funny, but the main thing I remember was the accompanying cigarette commercial featuring a V-tailed Bonanza.
As it took off, an animated V would fly off the back of tail fins and the plane would fade as the cigarette pack materialized and the announcer said those famous words:

"Come up! Come all the way up . . . to Viceroy!"
1588200931204.png1588200836727.png

This is the type of thing I used to lie about to gain favor of older co-workers:

Them: “Hey Paul, I know this might be a bit before your time, but ever heard of the show Sky King?”
Me: “Of course! Man my dad got me hooked on it!”
Them: “That’s great, sing the theme song with me!”
Me: “All hail the sky king, swooping down with Yoda, drinking baking soda, with Rocky Balboa!”
Them: “Lying bastage!”

:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom