Question Does Brady's 2021 Postseason put an end to the Brees vs. Rodgers vs. Brady Debate? (2 Viewers)

Who's the best all-time QB isn't a debate. Right or wrong, wins and championships matter in the end. 50 years from now, if football still exists, Tom Brady and his jewelry collection will be the only one remembered by the masses. That being said, if any of us are still around and Saintsreport is still kicking 50 years from now, there will probably still be Brees vs Brady threads now and then.

True, 28 more times Brady has had a defense give up 10 points or less. Scoring in New England is much harder than in any dome so the defense has the advantage. In playoffs, Brees' defenses have up 22.3 points per game at home in dome. Brady's Pats gave up 20.6 points per game at home. Playing in almost always bad weather, the Pats defense has an advantage, yet less than 2 points difference? Taking this into account, Saints defenses have been every bit as good as Brady's if not better at home in playoffs.

Brees' has countered with 27.3 points per game at home in the dome. Brady in the outdoor bad weather had produced an avg of 28 points per game. Brady would have, without question, produced more in a home dome than in outdoors New England in January, and vice versa.

Home playoff games is just an easy short example of the two greats. Brady's penchant for long drives, precision game management, and lack of turnovers all help contribute to a defense more than Brees. How many of those extra 28 games did Brees' throw pics to put the opponents mover 10 points? More than Brady that we all know. How many more ints would he have thrown if he played in New England? Many more..... Brady is the clear all time GOAT. Yes, if he didn't play in NE he may not have 7 SBs. However, this past season now puts that theory in jeopardy.

Brady with that much success in season and postseason and SB wins/appearances is just ridiculous. A few years ago when it seemed like we were going to the SB each year, I had the hope Brees just needed another 1 or 2 to make a case for superiority or at least equality. It just didn't happen. We now have to compartmentalize the 3. Brady is just good. No matter what you say about division strength (I have argued that as well with the Pats/Brady), you still have to beat other top AFC teams NOT in your division to play the best NFC team that year in the SB. That just isn't luck. Brees will be the best in certain statistical categories and always be below Brady as best QB to this point. Rodgers will be below Brees, even if he gets a couple of SB's before retiring. A few years back when the yardage battle and TD contest was up in the air, I had hope...but Brady just has cemented his legacy. You can't take that away from him. I WISH it was Drew, but Brees has cemented his legacy in other ways. I am good with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom