Question Does Brady's 2021 Postseason put an end to the Brees vs. Rodgers vs. Brady Debate? (1 Viewer)

Brees was the best passer of a football I had ever seen until Mahomes. I'm not talking about any other aspects of the position. Just a human being picking up a football and throwing it.
Brees was the most accurate qb ever at every level of a defense in his prime as well as the most cerebral and aggressive.

He also had the best feet and anticipation ever IMO, followed by Brady and Manning.

Marino, Farve, Elway and Rodgers were the best pure throwers I've ever witnessed.

Brees was the most accurate qb ever at every level of a defense in his prime as well as the most cerebral and aggressive.

He also had the best feet and anticipation ever IMO, followed by Brady and Manning.

Marino, Farve, Elway and Rodgers were the best pure throwers I've ever witnessed.

Agreed.
Drew’s uncanny ability to step up, or out of pressure with a simple slide move, is very under appreciated imo. Totally agree also on how cerebral he is/was. Manning is a close second there imo.

I hear ya, and I think Marino was better than both Tom and Drew, from a pure ball throwing QB angle...but he wasn’t throwing to chopped liver either. Mark Clayton and Mark Duper were pretty good players. I’ve always said that if Dan had a ring or two he’d be considered the goat. And I hate the dude.
Clayton and Duper were good but they weren't Moss or Harrison is all I'm Saying.

Spygate 1,2,3,4
Deflategate

Brady was an active participant in numerous cheating scandals.

That can't be glossed over when discussing his "greatness".
Plus the guy at 43 is clearly, CLEARLY on some type of P.E.D.

Even Jerry Rice at 43 didn't look as good or better than he did at 33.

So based on your logic, because he doesn't hold these individual single game SB record stats that somehow disqualifies him from being the best?

Ok, how about the big picture, Brady's career SB stats are 256-of-392 passes (65.3%) for 2,838 yards with 18 touchdowns to 6 interceptions.

That translates to averaging (per game) 28 of 45 for 315yds, 2 TDS and .66 INT's a game. I believe the 3-1 TD-INT ratio is a primary reason, offensively, that the Patriots (with Brady at QB) have 6 rings....but I'm sure you will find some other twisted "logic" that will "own" these pesky facts.....

And of course he does have all of the career QB SB records (most yards, TD's, etc), by volume he should but it doesn't lessen the accomplishment IMO.....

By your own tortured logic TD-INT ratio makes Rodgers the best QB ever.

Fewest Interceptions (first 193 games)
*Minimum 5,000 attempts

1. Aaron Rodgers -- 88
  2. Alex Smith -- 106
  3. Donovan McNabb -- 117
  4. Tom Brady -- 134
  5. Joe Montana -- 139
Highest Passer Rating (first 193 games)
*Minimum 3,000 attempts

1. Aaron Rodgers -- 103.4
  2. Russell Wilson -- 101.8
  3. Kirk Cousins -- 97.5
  4. Tony Romo -- 97.1
  5. Steve Young -- 96.8

All of you saying, “there was never a debate” are tripping me out. It was quite literally a debate for over a decade. While I have seen him as the goat since he beat Seattle, sports analysts have debated who is the greatest even up to this most recent conference championship.

Funny thing is that around this time last year, despite our terrible playoff performance, many analysts considered Brady washed and thought Drew was better at this stage in their post 40 career. I’m not talking Superbowls. I’m talking individual statistics and eye tests. Now, after an injury filled year, and Brady’s fountain of youth resurgence, suddenly analysts never debated whether Brees was better or that Aaron was truly the goat.

Absolutely, Tom is the best who has ever suited up as a QB, but there has ALWAYS been a debate about that fact. Hell, they’re even now pitting him against Mahomes’s infant career.

Plus the guy at 43 is clearly, CLEARLY on some type of P.E.D.

Even Jerry Rice at 43 didn't look as good or better than he did at 33.

Yeah, similar to Barry Bonds. He was going to have a HOF career anyway and turned to designer steroids (The Clear and The Cream) made specifically for him. He didn't want McGwire to have the records.

Brady is the goat and I think it helps Drew. Had Rodgers gone it would have definitely put Aaron right behind Brady and then it would have been Drew. Now it's still Brady and then Drew/Aaron in that same category of who is behind Brady.

Agreed.
Drew’s uncanny ability to step up, or out of pressure with a simple slide move, is very under appreciated imo. Totally agree also on how cerebral he is/was. Manning is a close second there imo.
Little-known fact but Brees is the least sacked major name qb in history behind Manning, Marino, and Mahomes because of his pocket presence.

To me, bringing up this postseason as an example of why Brady is the GOAT is why I find the debate silly. Brady just got outplayed in the NFC championship game by Rodgers. Brady threw three picks and still won. He played poorly vs the Saints. But he won because it's a team sport.

Brady may well be the GOAT. But using this postseason as an example of why he's the GOAT is actually counterproductive to that argument IMO.

Brady is the goat and I think it helps Drew. Had Rodgers gone it would have definitely put Aaron right behind Brady and then it would have been Drew. Now it's still Brady and then Drew/Aaron in that same category of who is behind Brady.

If Brady were a lion for 20 years how many superbowls does he win?

9? 12? 15?

By your own tortured logic TD-INT ratio makes Rodgers the best QB ever.

Not at all, where did I state it was the only reason or most important stat, I said it was a primary reason. I mean a 3-1 TD-INT ratio plays a big role in 6-3 SB record does it not? And then you glossed over everything else only to bring up a totally unrelated stat (I was talking about SB performance, not the fewest INT's per game or even career best TD/INT ratio, context means something), moving goal posts and cherry pick much? My "own twisted logic"....that's rich....

Little-known fact but Brees is the least sacked major name qb in history behind Manning, Marino, and Mahomes because of his pocket presence.

Only because of his pocket presence? Man you just insulted a ton of really good Saints offensive lineman over the years.....SMFH.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom