Question Does Brady's 2021 Postseason put an end to the Brees vs. Rodgers vs. Brady Debate? (1 Viewer)

Franco Harris has 4 superbowl titles and 12000 yards rushing, therefore he is unquestionably the greatest running back to ever walk the earth.

No other running back is even close!!

Franco Harris > Barry Sanders too while you're at it.:duncan:
Please, Barry Sanders is more overrated then Deion Sanders (that belongs in another thread), the apocryphal claims that he had a bad oline is ridiculous....

He played behind Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover most of his career, he had Jeff Hartings toward the end of his career as well. The last few years it was bad, but most of his seasons he had capable blockers in front of him.

I agree the post season does matter. If you look at post season stats Brady gets smoked by Brees.

Not really. He is better statistically but not by a huge margin. Also a deeper run every year in the playoffs results in playing mostly the better defenses, tougher games. Unfortunately Brees has so many 1 and dones (I know, mostly not due to his play), it almost seems like it would be difficult to reasonably compare.

But it's actually the best argument I've heard so far.

I know others give varying amounts of credit to Championships. I just give it very little, I think it's strictly a team accomplishment.

Ah, this is where we disagree. I think it is important how a player performs in the most important game. I could understand the Brady not GOAT argument if Brady's career SB stats were subpar and the Patriots D and running game was the reason they won year after year....but they are simply not....fair enough, agree to disagree...

Please, Barry Sanders is more overrated then Deion Sanders (that belongs in another thread), the apocryphal claims that he had a bad oline is ridiculous....

He played behind Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover most of his career, he had Jeff Hartings toward the end of his career as well. The last few years it was bad, but most of his seasons he had capable blockers in front of him.
All talk of Oline aside.

I'm just saying that based on the logic in this thread it's fair to say that Franco Harris is the better runner based on superbowl titles.

If Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Jim Brown or Walter Payton were any good they would've rushed for 12k yards AND won 4 superbowls.

However, since they didn't manage to do that, we CLEARLY cannot consider them in the same conversation as Franco Harris.

Deion Sanders won two superbowls.

He must be the greatest cornerback ever.

All talk of Oline aside.

I'm just saying that based on the logic in this thread it's fair to say that Franco Harris is the better runner based on superbowl titles.
Franco Harris is a great RB.

But Jim Brown and Walter Payton who have titles are both better RBs than Barry Sanders and more importantly they are both better than Emmitt who has the career stats.

You can make some equally silly claims using stats...please explain to me how Matt Ryan isnt better than John Elway as Matt bests Elway in every stat.

Franco Harris is a great RB.

But Jim Brown and Walter Payton who have titles are both better RBs than Barry Sanders.

You can make some equally silly claims using stats...please explain to me how Matt Ryan isnt better than John Elway as Matt bests Elway in every stat.

Simple.

We have to take points away from Elway for not working hard enough to force the Denver Front office to draft a Julio Jones.

It's only fair since QBs are responsible for selecting their supporting cast.

Simple.

We have to take points away from Elway for not working hard enough to force the Denver Front office to draft a Julio Jones.

It's only fair since QBs are responsible for selecting their supporting cast.
Please, He played with Ed MCaffery, Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe. He had a HoF RB and a HoF LT

Please, He played with Ed MCaffery, Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe. He had a HoF RB and a HoF LT

You telling me undrafted Rod Smith or Ed Mccafferty was in the same league as Jones?

Also how does TD help his passing stats.

It's not like he was Craig or Faulk out of the backfield.

And look at this.

In 1978, the NFL further freed up receivers with the illegal contact rule, restricting contact beyond 5 yards downfield. And it loosened the interpretations of holding by offensive linemen by giving them permission to extend their arms and open their hands on pass plays. This had the desired effect of opening up the passing game and reducing conservative play calling.

QBs in different era were also hogtied by the rules of lack thereof of their day.

The stats of guys like Elway and Marino was artificially low compared to today.

I remember both of them very well.

When did either have 1700 yards in a season?
Rod Smith has more receiving yards than Colston. Sharpe has more receiving yards than Gronkowski. Elway had plenty of comparable talent around him to Matt Ryan.

Its laughable to me that you would compare Jake Matthews level of protection to Gary Zimmermans.

What is your point? Are you saying stats come with excuses? When did Brady have a 1700 yard receiver?

Really?

Because, no offense, that's not what I saw.

Pretty certain It was the Bucs who defeated the Saints.

Namely guys like Devin White and Jared Cook (honorary Buc in the playoffs).
Cute, at this point, it's obvious you're arguing with yourself or engaging in some rhetorical exercise that can't tell the forest from the trees.

Rod Smith has more receiving yards than Colston. Sharpe has more receiving yards than Gronkowski. Elway had plenty of comparable talent around him to Matt Ryan.

Its laughable to me that you would compare Jake Matthews level of protection to Gary Zimmermans.

What is your point? Are you saying stats come with excuses? When did Brady have a 1700 yard receiver?
At this point you are comparing an all pro wr to an all pro TE.

Brady literally played with Moss when he caught 23 tds and 4tds in one half.

Brady is literally playing with Mike Evans,AB and Godwin right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom