Does Brees Finnaly Silence his Critics Today (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Forget the under 200 yds and no TDs in the last two games. We won both going away. The only major criticism, and justified, is Brees' ability to lead late 4th quarter comebacks, especially in big games. He may have to do that today for us to win.

Does Brees show today he is in the same class as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady?

I do think that's the only thing really holding him back and perhaps in the past it was more of a defensive problem. More than Super Bowl rings (maybe) people remember the close late game comebacks and that gives a lot of credit to a QB. Hopefully we never have those though and just plenty of SB rings ;)

He's done that already. He's been one of the best since 2006. People don't wanna give him the props he deserves b/c he doesn't have the ring/rings Brady and Manning have. I don't judge quarterbacks by the amount of rings they have.

what critics?

Most of the analysists on TV rave about how much they love brees.

I cannot recall the last time I heard someone criticize him.

who the hell are we talking about?

he has been known to drive down for late TDs but the problem is sometimes the D wasnt able to hold the lead. This new D seems to be capable of doing that and in some cases even carrying the team on its own.

What critics? Brees could put up average numbers for half a season and still wouldn't get criticized. Everyone knows what he brings to the table even if the stats arent always there.

Forget the under 200 yds and no TDs in the last two games. We won both going away. The only major criticism, and justified, is Brees' ability to lead late 4th quarter comebacks, especially in big games. He may have to do that today for us to win.

Are you projecting? What critics are saying this?

Brees' record in 4th quarter comebacks is statistically very poor. I agree with a number of the posters, he did bring us back a number of times late in games last year only to watch in horror as our D imploded.

I hope he doesn't have to prove it today cause we are in prevent defense in Q4, but if he has to bring us back in the final 2 minutes today, it's time to show he's a worth a Hall of Fame QB.

Not according to Merrill Hoge. According to him, Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFC so Brees still has to to make it to Eli's class before he can make it to Payton's and Brady's class.

Brees still has critics? Every face on TV seems to love him now.

He's done that already. He's been one of the best since 2006. People don't wanna give him the props he deserves b/c he doesn't have the ring/rings Brady and Manning have. I don't judge quarterbacks by the amount of rings they have.
I don't think people judge him by his lack of rings. But you can't deny that the only knock on Drew is his lack of experience/success in big games. Drew has probably 4-5 big games in his career, Brady and Manning have almost 4-5 big games a year! I don't think it's Drew's fault but.....:idunno:

I don't think he is in the same class as Tom Brady. I have not been impressed with Brady all to much this year. He WAS great, but now... not so much. This year I think Brees is in a class above Brady.

I don't think he is in the same class as Tom Brady. I have not been impressed with Brady all to much this year. He WAS great, but now... not so much. This year I think Brees is in a class above Brady.
Let's be serious! Remember how Manning looked coming back from surgery early last season? Look at him now. In a couple months Brady will be back to 100%....but he's never been in Manning class to me anyway.

Not according to Merrill Hoge. According to him, Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFC so Brees still has to to make it to Eli's class before he can make it to Payton's and Brady's class.

Heard that too.

I think its a little closer than what most Saints fans would want to believe, but I'll still take Brees. He makes some ridiculous throws on the field and he is a little more mobile.

Manning is a dang good QB and who knows what kind of numbers he would put up in a more wide open offensive system. That said, he has a tendency to make ill advised throws into coverage. Brees rarely does that. Most of Brees's INTs come off of deflections or dropped passes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom