Does Brunell wear #8? (1 Viewer)

As Jimmy Smith pointed out in his column sunday in the T-P:

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/120564566128870.xml&coll=1

No other Saint before or after Archie wore #8... so that makes that number unique as opposed to other famous numbers in Saints history (#57, #51, #53, #56, #7 and #77 were all worn by players before THE player most associated with that number came along)... take that FWIW.

Oh, and buzzd -anytime, my friend, anytime...

The bottom line is that the convcersation is moot -- Brunell has more sense to wear that number. I am sure that he understands that for many Saints fans it is not just another number and what Archie means to the Saints is not measured by his statistics. Brunell is not an idiot after all.

Good post do0d. I thinks that is exactly what Brunell was saying when he laughingly said "that he wanted no part of that."

/sidebar for point of information:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think technically, you can't actually retire a number in the NFL per se. You can have a ring of honor, unspoken rules, etc, but formally there's no mechanism in place to actually prevent someone from wearing a number. The math doesn't work.

/backtotopic

according to NFL.com the packers will retire #4 this season?

just a question, do y'all think #9 will ever be used again? ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom