Poll Does Craig Robertson deserve a bigger role & more snaps?

What should be Craig Robertson’s role & snaps??

• Total voters

insidejob

matter vs. spirit
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Ratings
What thread/poll has ever been started asking if a backup should be playing more has ever turned out a result that didn't confirm what the OP is looking for? Fans always think the guy on the bench could do better than the guy on the field. Coaches just happen to disagree. You know, after watching them all week in practice and giving them all reps in any position they may play.

OP
OP
WhoDat_SB44

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Ratings
What thread has ever been started asking if a backup should be playing more has ever turned out a result that didn't confirm what the OP is looking for? Fans always think the guy on the bench could do better than the guy on the field. Coaches just happen to disagree. You know, after watching them all week in practice and giving them all reps in any position they may play.
If their wasn’t facts backing up my claim I wouldn’t be making it dude. This defense played better last year with him in there. He was our best LB the last two years statistically. He looked good in preseason as well. What has he done to deserve the HUGE decrease in snaps? What has Anzalone done to deserve to get 4 to 1 more snaps than him?

I can disagree with the coaches all I want and I’m not the only person that does.

Don’t vote then, I’m not forcing anyone to vote here. I just want to see who feels the same as me

Ratings
If their wasn’t facts backing up my claim I wouldn’t be making it dude. This defense played better last year with him in there. He was our best LB the last two years statistically. He looked good in preseason as well. What has he done to deserve the HUGE decrease in snaps? What has Anzalone done to deserve to get 4 to 1 more snaps than him?
Regardless of how many career INT Robertson has, right now, today on planet earth.... Anazlone is a better in coverage, which is why he plays 25%-ish percent of plays on defense.

If you want to make a case for Robertson to play more, it shouldn't continue to be about Anzalone getting 4 snaps to Robertson's 1.

insidejob

matter vs. spirit
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Ratings

I can disagree with the coaches all I want and I’m not the only person that does.

Don’t vote then, I’m not forcing anyone to vote here. I just want to see who feels the same as me
I already went through this in the thread from last time whining about Robertson. I love him. I want him to play as much as possible. Someone else will get nicked and he'll slide into their position and get a good number of snaps. He's just not a starter. You can't compare his stats to Amzalone's since he's the nickel backer.

I am not repeating the twenty posts I made last time. We just disagree.

Put it this way:

Do I want Robertson to play as many snaps on defense as possible? Yes.

Do I want the team to continue their winning streak? Yes.

Which one do I want more? No question here.

And I already voted - that he's doing exactly what we brought him here to do. And our D is playing pretty well now and getting better every week.

OP
OP
WhoDat_SB44

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Ratings
Regardless of how many career INT Robertson has, right now, today on planet earth.... Anazlone is a better in coverage, which is why he plays 25%-ish percent of plays on defense.

If you want to make a case for Robertson to play more, it shouldn't continue to be about Anzalone getting 4 snaps to Robertson's 1.
How can you say that when Robertson doesn’t play to show otherwise? Robertson had 6 pass defensed last season and Anzalone has 1 in 10 games with the Saints with 0 this year. Demario Davis only has 1 this year, a career high of 5, and 1 career INT and he’s supposed to be our best coverage LB. Robertson has a INT every year he has been in the league for crying out loud lolol

He simply makes plays on defense and hasn’t shown not to since being here. It’s a shame that he doesn’t get more PT

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
How can you say that when Robertson doesn’t play to show otherwise? Robertson had 6 pass defensed last season and Anzalone has 1 in 10 games with the Saints with 0 this year. Demario Davis only has 1 this year, a career high of 5, and 1 career INT and he’s supposed to be our best coverage LB. Robertson has a INT every year he has been in the league for crying out loud lolol

He simply makes plays on defense and hasn’t shown not to since being here. It’s a shame that he doesn’t get more PT
Passes defensed often indicates that the ball is being thrown to the receiver you're covering. A lack of them can often indicate that the player you're covering isn't getting open enough to be an option on that particular play. This stat, in a vacuum, would actually favor Anzalone here.

OP
OP
WhoDat_SB44

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Ratings
I can’t believe that some fans are happy with our current LB play that they don’t think the LB that lead this team last year in tackles, INTs, and tied for sacks should be playing on defense.

I thought for sure they would say he should get the same amount of snaps as Anzalone if anything.

I want Anzalone to be the long term starter. I think Robertson should start now, but I would be happy to just see if our defense gets better with him playing more like it did last year. We will never know though cause they won’t play him for some reason. I guess he declined big time from last year, but I thought our defense looked better when he was in there in preseason.

I just wish one of our wonderful sports journalists would ask coach why he isn’t playing?

insidejob

matter vs. spirit
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Ratings
I just wish one of our wonderful sports journalists would ask coach why he isn’t playing?
Because he's playing the position we brought him here to play. Coach would answer with, "Next question." As he should.

Our linebacker play hasn't been bad.

OP
OP
WhoDat_SB44

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Ratings
Since you posted the thread about voting, shouldn't you cease to post your opinions all through the thread thus shading a true independent vote?
Touché...

But I am so unbelievably shocked that this board of extremely well informed fans would have some that think that Robertson shouldn’t be playing on defense that I couldn’t contain myself...

Dumbfounded beyond belief haha

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Touché...

But I am so unbelievably shocked that this board of extremely well informed fans would have some that think that Robertson shouldn’t be playing on defense that I couldn’t contain myself...

Dumbfounded beyond belief haha
Maybe your opinion isn't as correct as you may think it is. Something to ponder.

OP
OP
WhoDat_SB44

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Ratings
Because he's playing the position we brought him here to play. Coach would answer with, "Next question." As he should.

Our linebacker play hasn't been bad.
So we brought him in to just play special teams? Then he starts 27 out of 31 games to begin his career here only to go back to strictly playing special teams like he was brought here to do. I thought he was brought in to compete at linebacker and play special teams. He competed at LB, led in almost every category in those 31 games, and now doesn’t play on defense. So coach shouldn’t have to answer that question? That’s asinine IMO.

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
If you're going to state that Robertson deserves a bigger role, then you need to tell us who you're going to take off the field. The way our linebackers are playing now, there isn't anyone. You can't sit Anzalone for him because the two do completely different things and have opposite strengths and weaknesses. The only guy that I would possibly even consider would be Klein, and he's doing a solid job this year; much better than last year. Klein deserves to be playing, too, so somebody has to sit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.