Does Donald Trump know how to read? (VIDEO) (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The videos are several minute long, and I would not have taken something like this seriously a month ago, but evidence is starting to mount that either he doesn't fully understand how to read or care to (I tend to believe it is the latter). Anyway, hope this isn't too "Facebookey" for this board. I think it warrants discussion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bd79UsXSLWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KXGuJlTVXfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I truly doubt a guy like him doesn't "know how to read," but perhaps he has some sort of comprehension issue or issue with caring enough about something to read. Or maybe his old age has effected his reading skills.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The best sketch on this, with all the pre-election hope that the whole Trump presidency thing would be something to look back and laugh at as a near miss. Some cable TV language.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7LFkN7QGp2c" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, I think he legitimately has ADHD. He has a lot of classic symptoms. I think he can read, but he struggles to focus on what he's reading, so it comes off as struggling or not comprehending.

I also think he's bipolar. Having grown up with a bipolar parent he has a lot of tell-tale signs of that as well.

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure he maxed out at his abc's...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">abc <a href="https://t.co/jlxclJUKi0">pic.twitter.com/jlxclJUKi0</a></p>&mdash; Trump Draws (@TrumpDraws) <a href="https://twitter.com/TrumpDraws/status/830115871657910272">February 10, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, I think he legitimately has ADHD. He has a lot of classic symptoms. I think he can read, but he struggles to focus on what he's reading, so it comes off as struggling or not comprehending.

I also think he's bi-polar. Having grown up with a bi-polar parent he has a lot of tell-tale signs of that as well.

According to an inside WH source, Trump has requested that all briefing papers be a single page, bullet-point style . . . with no more than nine points.

There is the matter of Trump’s briefing materials, for example. The commander in chief doesn’t like to read long memos, a White House aide who asked to remain unnamed told The Huffington Post. So preferably they must be no more than a single page. They must have bullet points but not more than nine per page.
Leaks Suggest Trump's Own Team Is Alarmed By His Conduct | The Huffington Post

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The best sketch on this, with all the pre-election hope that the whole Trump presidency thing would be something to look back and laugh at as a near miss. Some cable TV language.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7LFkN7QGp2c" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>
I remember this episode. It's the one that hooked me on her show.

I mean, just judging from his twitter account it's clear that he can't spell for ****. unpresidented and such. Someone should at least be spell-checking his tweets, but that would require an admission that he can't spell and we all know he'd claim to be the best at spelling ever. A tremendous speller.

Then his inability to ever use a teleprompter and have to give all speeches off the cuff and even then he still stumbles and repeats the same adjectives over and over and over again shows that he doesn't have a good command of the English language.

I'm sure he can "read" but hasn't bothered actually reading something since college, so he's just not too good at it any more.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if a lot of the leaks are the only way staff can get Trump information, or get him to care about it. If it runs on TV he'll see it.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder if a lot of the leaks are the only way staff can get Trump information, or get him to care about it. If it runs on TV he'll see it.
This was the scuttlebutt on why Kellyanne Conway blasted Romney on television. supposedly it was the only way to get Trump to hear her.

OP
Saintaholic

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure he can "read" but hasn't bothered actually reading something since college, so he's just not too good at it any more.
Yeah and the problem with that is, this starts to creep into your mindset and way of thinking, and we are seeing this manifested daily.

If he truly does not care to read things, how on earth is he going to run a country?

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Yeah and the problem with that is, this starts to creep into your mindset and way of thinking, and we are seeing this manifested daily.

If he truly does not care to read things, how on earth is he going to run a country?
There are vast numbers of Americans who are also not well-educated, and they know it, and they resent "elites" and the like, and he's their guy. Because they self-identify with their champion, and they believe THEY could run the country too, this will not bother a substantial portion of his base. They, too believe they have good judgment and could run the country just fine with a few facts, situation by situation, based on their own personal honesty, bona fides and instincts.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H.L. Mencken

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
'I tweet and I don't know things.' - Hair Fuhrer (GoT anyone? hehe)

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Of course he knows how to read and at least type. The endless stream of tweets and retweets on a daily basis proves that well enough. However, like it was pointed out earlier, I think he doesn't like to read. He might have a form of ADHD that causes him to get really bored with reading if it is longer than a few sentences that aren't super exciting. The leaked information regarding the bullet point memos is a great example of this type of behavior. Another is that he wants to get down to what he believes is the "substance" of the text, regardless of all the information that gives substance and makes the information relative to other things. With all that said, someone that demands all information come to them like this could be extremely easy to manipulate. Give them all pazazz surrounded by the agenda you wish to push, stand back and watch him go to work.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

It's all on TV, and those things that aren't can always be reduced to bullet points.

CoolBrees

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I actually think that he needs glasses but is too much of a narcissist to wear them. And his lackeys are too afraid of his temper to tell him about contacts. Sad!

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I actually think that he needs glasses but is too much of a narcissist to wear them. And his lackeys are too afraid of his temper to tell him about contacts. Sad!
Excellent call.

PayOrPlay

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can't help but think of the famous short story that they used to make everyone read in high school:

Somerset Maugham: said:
A troubled look settled on Mr. Foreman's distinguished face. "I've never 'ad anything to do with stocks and shares and I'd 'ave to leave it all in your 'ands," he said.

The manager smiled. "We'll do everything. All you'll have to do next time you come in is just to sign the transfers."

"I could do that all right, said Albert uncertainly. "But 'ow should I know what I was signin'?"

"I suppose you can read," said the manager a trifle sharply.

Mr. Foreman gave him a disarming smile.

"Well, sir, that's just it. I can't. I know it sounds funny-like but there it is, I can't read or write, only me name, an' I only learnt to do that when I went into business."

The manager was so surprised that he jumped up from his chair.

"That's the most extraordinary thing I ever heard."

"You see it's like this, sir, I never 'ad the opportunity until it was too late and then some'ow I wouldn't. I got obstinate-like."

The manager stared at him as though he were a prehistoric monster.

"And do you mean to say that you've built up this important business and amassed a fortune of thirty thousand pounds without being able to read or write? Good God, man, what would you be now if you had been able to?"

"I can tell you that sir," said Mr. Foreman, a little smile on his still aristocratic features. "I'd be verger of St. Peter's, Neville Square."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom