Does Drew Brees make Sean Payton... (1 Viewer)

Does Drew Brees make Sean Payton look smarter than he is, or vise versa?

I think it goes both ways

Paytons aggressive, attacking playbook fits Brees and Brees' intelligence,accuracy and Athleticism makes Paytons playbook work.

That's what I was thinking....

Does Drew Brees make Sean Payton look smarter than he is, or vise versa?

Neither.

Drew has the ability to execute Payton's vision of offensive plays and Coach Payton has designed plays that take advantage of Drew's talent.

They both accentuate each other. Drew benefits from sean's game planning and play calling while Sean is able to game plan and play call agressively thanks to drew's intelligence and accuracy.

Bruce Lee's quickness, agility, conditioning and SKILL worked well together.

Each was part of the overall equation.

Similarly, Brees & Payton complement each other well. If you don't think it matters:

a. How smart would Payton be if he had Billy Joe Tolliver as his starting QB, or :covri:

b. How well would Drew play if he had Carl Smith calling the shots? :scared:

Just my :tpenny:

:gosaints:

Hopefully we're debating this for years as we try to figure out who deserves the most credit for our multiple Lombardi's. I would love to be having the debate that 49ers fans have about Montana/Walsh, or that Broncos fans have about Elway/Shanahan ten years from now.

I don't think we'll know exactly how gifted Coach is until Brees leaves. I lean toward Coach being as brilliant as we think because of his past success with QB's not on Brees' level.

I also think Coach makes everyone on our team better. He knows how to put players, and Coaches, in a better position to maximize their abilities. He's a special Coach, I hope we can get him to stick around once Drew leaves.

Hopefully we're debating this for years as we try to figure out who deserves the most credit for our multiple Lombardi's. I would love to be having the debate that 49ers fans have about Montana/Walsh, or that Broncos fans have about Elway/Shanahan ten years from now.

I think everyone knows that answer now.

Each are the perfect compliment to each other. I can't see Drew being as successful under any other coach. Also, Payton would not be a smart as he is without Drew! Love'em both!!!

I think it goes both ways

Paytons aggressive, attacking playbook fits Brees and Brees' intelligence,accuracy and Athleticism makes Paytons playbook work.

agree. They are a perfect match

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom