Does Drew Brees make Sean Payton... (1 Viewer)

Both Payton and Brees experienced success before coming to New Orleans. I doubt that either would be as successful without the other, but they would still be successful nonetheless. Apart, they're 7's. Together, they're 10's.

We all know Montana is nothing without Walsh and vice versa. It was the right combination at the right time. They will both benefit from the relationship. It is a rare phenomenon. Walsh and Montana is the only other example of a head coach calling plays with the perfect QB that compares to our HC/QB combo. What they have is special.

like rice and gravy, with some slowly smothered meat and smoked andouille, and some good white beans, with some bread and butter....and they all are one in the end

Brees is much better under Payton and his offense then he was in San Diego. Payton is the genius he's billed as.

Brees is much better under Payton and his offense then he was in San Diego. Payton is the genius he's billed as.
Yes, but Payton's offense has fared much better with Brees than it did in NY Kerry Collins and in Dallas with Quincy Carter, etc. who both enjoyed a measure of success under Payton.

Both are very good. Together, they're great. I'm convinced that barring injury they will be regarded as highly as Montana and Walsh, Coryell and Fouts, etc.

Payton is an offensive genius. Brees' genius and talent allow Payton's offense to excel to the best of its ability. I don't think Sean has a play in his playbook that he wouldn't call with Drew. But I bet a good chunk of his playbook was out the window with some of the other QBs he's had.

Brees allows Payton to use 100% of his playbook, for better or worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom