Does Drew get his 6th TD if thats Karney@FB????? (1 Viewer)

4-0? Ummm I'm not that convinced that GW's D is all that improved. I'm thinking more like 2-2, or 3-1 at best. Honestly, I was quite upset that we didnt get to Stafford.

2-2? Really? Which of these teams (Philly, Buff, and NYJ) could outscore the Saints if it came down to a shootout? Even if GW's defense isn't up to par I doubt a McNabb-less Eagles, Bills, and NYJ would have enough offense to keep up.

But hey "things" happen...

tightroping the sideline? Karney's too top heavy for that

This was the only thing I was going to bring up about why he might not have pulled that play off. The minute that dense upper body got leaned outward I think the rest of him would be forced to follow. Mike is a pretty good fullback, just not that kinda fullback.

I agree with pretty much everything in the original post. No way Karney scores. As for Hartley, I'm concerned too. I know he made all his kicks last year, but his kicks are not "true." They all have a hook/draw to them, and eventually, it will cost him. I hope I'm wrong, but when he lines up to kick a field goal at some point this season, my toes and fingers will be crossed.

There is no way Karney would have scored on that play. If there was a huge gap opening up in the center of play he might have had a chance but tightroping the sideline? Karney's too top heavy for that

LOL exactly.. ever see Karney try to turn sharply.. I don't think he could do it. Look, I really liked Karney, but I don't believe for a second he cuts that corner and stays in bounds on that run.

However, Karney's 3rd TD against Dallas in '06 was pretty impressive :)

:gosaints:

Evans is like a hybrid, he has the size of a fullback but the agility and speed of a power runningback (he has even been used as a halfback for several games in New England), many have said that it was good play for a fullback, i would have said it was a good play even if it was a big powerback out there doing that. The fact that he is our fullback truly says we have an explosive offense.

Karney was great but was strictly a blocking back even though he had good hands, it just wasn't athletic enough to be utilized in the passing/running game often. He could occasionally catch a pass in the flat to catch a team off guard but we rarely did that because there were many times when he would get 1 or 2 yards and get tackled because he didnt have the agility or speed, the Dallas game we just caught them off guard, they weren't paying attention to Karney and I believe we were pretty close to endzone.

Heath Evans first game for us and he has 4 catches for 35 yards and a td. He had one goal line carry but it was negated, i dont think he got in though, but 13 yard td on a pass that was basically an extended hand off is more of a showing of athletic ability than what Karney did in the Dallas game. Evans has had a few catches in his career for over 20 yards and New England didn't utilize the fullback that much, they ran alot o single back sets. So that is a very good thing for us, opposing defenses have to account for the FULLBACK, and you know they cant always do that because of the other weapons on the team. Those catches he had, first one 8 yards, he showed some agility on that, that might have been a loss or no gain for Karney, next one, for 11 yards, maybe a 3 yarder at best for Karney, and then the 13 yarder, i dont think Karney even makes it to edge of the sideline.

Karney might have more power but Evans still looked like a good blocker out there and he was quick and could block guys that Karney would not have had the speed to get to. I loved Karney and was upset when we got rid of him, but he is better suited for a different type of offense. I think his last year here he had lost some bulk, i think to try to be faster, but it didnt seem to help him much.

Some might say Evans is a little old to be effective for much longer, but Riggins was a fullback that wasn't utlized that much until later in his career, I think they started using him alot when he was around 29, and he put up good numbers until he was 36. Now i am not saying Evans is as talented as Riggins or will put up the same numbers because it was a different type of offense then and was the featured guy I believe, I am just saying since Heath wasn't utilized much he might have more years left in him than we think.

No way in hell does Karney make that touchdown. I could just picture that big pachyderm trying to tightrope the sideline! He would have quickly wobbled out of bounds.

No Evans is way faster than Karney. I can finally see why Payton got him.

No way Karney scores. Evans is an upgrade (queue Beyonce vid).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom