Does Drew get his 6th TD if thats Karney@FB????? (1 Viewer)

Maybe, maybe not.

Against Dallas in '06 Karney had a real nice score where he had to keep both feet in bounds while diving for the pylon... they had to review it and it was ruled a TD (of course), but he showed some athleticism on that play.

Nope! He was big and strong, but he has the agility of an elephant. His career YAC average is 4.8. His career long catch is 17 yards and it occured in the 2004-2005 season. And let's keep in mind he played in a pass happy offense. Imagine this line-up. Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Jeremy Shockey, Reggie Bush, The O-Line, and Drew Brees. If you are a Defensive Coordinator, Heath Evans sitting 5 yards behind, IMO, the best quarterback in football is your last concern. He will be effective by association. Brilliant move by Loomey & Big P!

Maybe, maybe not.

Against Dallas in '06 Karney had a real nice score where he had to keep both feet in bounds while diving for the pylon... they had to review it and it was ruled a TD (of course), but he showed some athleticism on that play.

you mean the one where he was singled up on the outside and his weight almost carried him out of bounds forcing him to flop into the endzone like a whale?

Karney and athletic should never be used together. He was so overrated and those TDs he had against Dallas were largely due to the fact that Parcells just totally ignored him and Payton recognized it and took advantage of it.

you mean the one where he was singled up on the outside and his weight almost carried him out of bounds forcing him to flop into the endzone like a whale?

Karney and athletic should never be used together. He was so overrated and those TDs he had against Dallas were largely due to the fact that Parcells just totally ignored him and Payton recognized it and took advantage of it.

:smilielol: the whale part just massacred it

If the endzone was a maximum of 2 yards away when he caught it, yes. If any athletic moves other than rumbling forward are required, no. If Reggie Bush is on the field at the time, no.

If the endzone was a maximum of 2 yards away when he caught it, yes. If any athletic moves other than rumbling forward are required, no. If Reggie Bush is on the field at the time, no.

lol. watching the saints offense since payton got here i always felt like Karney deserved an award for "the least athletic back to ever appear in an explosive offense". Why did his contract last so long after Hassless? I thought it would never end.

No way Karney could move like Evans. Not even when he showed up to camp and had lost a few pounds in 2008 (which I believe he eventually put back on IIRC).

I blinked once during that Evans TD run and missed it, he was so fast! :hihi:

As for the kicker situation, I believe Hartley will straighten up and fly right after he's done his 4 game suspension. He won't make that mistake again.

If scoring the touchdown involved flipping a tractor tire end over end or pulling a mack truck with his teeth, yes. If Deuce was on the sideline sending Mike his love, yes.

If scoring the touchdown involved flipping a tractor tire end over end or pulling a mack truck with his teeth, yes. If Deuce was on the sideline sending Mike his love, yes.

Karney: "But Deuce, I want to be with you forever. You were the only back who could make me look serviceable."

Deuce: "Mike, my career is over, I'm sorry. I just can't do it anymore."

-Karney faints-

Here's your two cents back, we won't be needing it, we'll keep your resume on file, don't call us we'll call you...

I don't ever remember them setting up a screen and throwing it to Karney.

I was talking about this just yesterday. Karney used to stop, turn his body squarly back at Drew, catch the ball, then turn around, then start running again. A guy would then dive at his ankles and down he wen. Screens weren't something he could execute smoothly.

Its funny that in all the years Karney was in N.O. the only game of substance that anybody can remember is the Dallas game when the Cowgirls absolutely forgot he was an eligible receiver.

I like Karney as a person and a player... he's a hard-nose guy that knew his role and played it to perfection (extra lineman in the backfield), but for this offense... Evans is the better guy because more than just "another lineman".

Hats off to the front office for making the deal happen. :worthy:

4-0? Ummm I'm not that convinced that GW's D is all that improved. I'm thinking more like 2-2, or 3-1 at best. Honestly, I was quite upset that we didnt get to Stafford.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom