Does Drew stay after this year? (1 Viewer)

How Much Longer Does Drew Play?

• Only until the end of this year

Votes: 41 19.2%

Votes: 79 36.9%
  • 2021+

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 19 8.9%

• Total voters

DillyDilly

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I thought he would retire after the concluision of this season until Sunday, where he looked like good ole Drew again. So this begs the question: Does he keep going after 2019?

It’s my belief that he retires no matter what happens, after this season. Not because he can’t play anymore but because he wants more time with his family.
He is not going to retire after this season, win or lose. Watching him on the sidelines when he couldn’t play; the competitive fire is still there. Sunday proved he isn’t close to being done.

As long as he still has it, I hope he stays with us. I could easily see him hanging it up after this year though. If we end up losing on the road because of a defensive collapse late in the game, I don't know how he'll look himself in the mirror after three straight crushing postseason exits and think "Yeah, I'll miss one more year of my kids' childhoods and risk CTE." At this point, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have at least some annoyance with how SP's been getting too cute with his play calling too (abandoning the run, miserably uncreative and forced usage of Taysom).

Three more years tops, but I see two more. Drew is still elite.
This is where I'm at.

Watching Brady hit a wall this year has me pausing on my previous prediction of 3 more seasons for Brees. It definitely could happen, but 2 more seasons is slightly more likely.

And as someone said, the roster is built to win 11-13 games a year for the next 3 years.

The roster is too good, and he’s still playing at too high a level to walk away. There’s still some big time records to break soon, and he wants one more ring. I believe he’ll sign another one year deal, and depending how he feels after next year and how the season goes, he will think hard about hanging it up then.

He's going at least one more year. The whole injury, watching someone else lead the team, knowing even if we do win the SB, it wouldn't be just his, but theirs, having tasted a little of what it will be like without football and seeing him pacing like a caged animal on the sideline during those weeks - that is why I think he will be back next season for one more try. The upcoming CBA and wanting to stick it to the zebras may also contribute to him extending, some unfinished business. I just don't think he's through, not yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom