Does Drew stay after this year? (2 Viewers)

How Much Longer Does Drew Play?

• Only until the end of this year

Votes: 41 19.2%

Votes: 79 36.9%
  • 2021+

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 19 8.9%

• Total voters
It’s my belief that he retires no matter what happens, after this season. Not because he can’t play anymore but because he wants more time with his family.
Last year during a radio interview I heard him say how much his boys loved going to the training facility and the games. I think he still spends a lot of time with his family and I don’t think he will even consider retirement after this season unless we win the SB and maybe not even then.

I have been explaining this since last year. Drew will sign a 2 year extension and play 1 more. Mickey is looking at future CAP space and figures he can handle 2021. We have a professional GM which is old guys have trouble understanding

Hope I’m wrong.

I’ve been thinking drew would make this his last season. Yes, the fire is still strong inside him, but I feel like he’s looking at this as The swan song.

I don’t think drew will ‘do the brady’ thing and play until he looses all his arm and then hurt his team with poor performances

I really believe in the age 42ish thing. Where all QBs will hit their wall at some point leading up to 43 years old... most around elites at 42, less than elite QBs before 40...

Just feel like the dude has been considering retirement over the last couple seasons. But feel like this is the year. Whatever the results, Drew will change gears going forward.

Last edited:
I think if Drew stays and keeps playing, he will start signing 1 year contracts until he hangs it up.
Depending on how much the cap goes up, the Saints could afford to keep him, while not letting a crop of good young players walk.
As much as I love Drew, I’ve now seen that this team is good enough to win big games if he’s not there.
I agree that if the Saints get hot and win the SuperBowl, Brees retires.

I think Brees will play until 43. So, two more years. He wants to challenge himself as Brady has done. Our man likes the challenge, the flits of adversity. As he has said, he is closer to the end. This year in a way probably extended his career another year. Also, the Saints don't have a great set up with no one under contract behind him, so it's overpay for Teddy (?) or draft. The latter sets up Brees for two more.

Salary cap wise. It would take some magic. I think he is done. Keeping Drew would gut our roster unless we can move his dead cap to next year

The way that the cap hit was arranged. It made me believe the move has always been to draft a QB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom