Does Elvis signing help us w/ Harrison? (1 Viewer)

Im not a huge FA fan but if Harrison came to us with a chip on his shoulder at a reasonable cap friendly price, Id love to see what he had left in the tank. His nastiness on the field would be a refreshing change for us. Otherwise, Im a proponent of young/hungry guys from the draft.

to me you gotta get both. if we draft a guy, the probability of him contributing from day one is pretty low, that's why you need free agency as a stop gap.

sign a vet for a year a two and hopefully he can contribute and help train up the rookies.

to me you gotta get both. if we draft a guy, the probability of him contributing from day one is pretty low, that's why you need free agency as a stop gap.

sign a vet for a year a two and hopefully he can contribute and help train up the rookies.

Indeed, a SMART/well-thought out FA approach coupled with the draft is more my style. I think its bad policy to spend on Hi-End FA's especially for a team like ours who is always flying so close to the cap. I like how we get solid guys but dont overspend.

For a team that fielded Shanle, herring, etc at LB. We made Ellis a starter. We gave Harper an extension. I have no problem getting a proven LB who would just be situational. Ask yourself. Would you rather play last year Shanle in a 4-3 or Harrison currently in the 3-4. Even if its for just a year we will have a full draft next year and we can worry then.

looks like the Steelers don't want him back:

The Steelers have reportedly informed free agent OLB James Harrison that they are not interested in bringing him back.

Harrison's player rep, desperate for nibbles, previously said his client is open to returning to the team that cut him on March 9. The Steelers are moving on. They've been talking up Jason Worilds as the next big thing at right outside linebacker and are also expected to address the position in the draft. The 34-year-old Harrison is going to have to eventually settle for a cheap, one-year deal.

Isn't Harrison a WOLB? I'm not SP but I think we might b more in need of a SOLB...since Wilson n Gallette could prolly rotate with eachother on the weakside if needed

Everyone is planning alot on Galette and Wilson and they are very unproven. I wouldn't mind adding a veteran, not sure if Harrison is the answer though.

I'd like to bring him in at the right price. He could help with the 3-4 transitition, mentor our LBs and bring some real attitude to our defense.

I'd love to get Harrison. Galette would still get a ton of playing time, and personally I think Wilson could play any of the 4 LB positions, SILB being my 1st choice.

Harrison would bring attitude and from what I've heard hes a very vocal team leader and workaholic.

He probably wants too much, but he's my current favorite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom