Does Elvis signing help us w/ Harrison? (1 Viewer)

defensive backfield is where you need to be concerned, it has been decimated by free agency

forget getting another rush LB, you already have 2 studs

I still think James Harrison has some gas in the tank, and would love to see D'bo knocking people out for the B&G. How much does Dumervil going to B'mo take away a potential suitor for him, and hopefully make his price a bit more affordable?

I haven't seen any other suitors and yes, losing his bid to join the Ravens should drop his sticker price.

defensive backfield is where you need to be concerned, it has been decimated by free agency

You're saying Wilson and Gallette are studs? If so, I'd like to see them actually play in the 3-4 first. We definitely need depth with veteran experience.

2 studs???? They need to tackle too!

You're saying Wilson and Gallette are studs? If so, I'd like to see them actually play in the 3-4 first. We definitely need depth with veteran experience.

my bad, I thought this was a Ravens fan

lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Former Steelers LBJames Harrison was in Baltimore for scheduled visit with Ravens when the team struck an agreement with Elvis Dumervil.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/316254205876768769">March 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

haha

This is just inaccurate. We have two guys that have flashed some serious ability, but are not studs yet and are in a totally new scheme--albeit one that seems to suit their strengths. Harrison would be a smart get, price should be bargain basement and a team can never have enough pass rushers!

This from Rotoworld:

The player rep for free agent James Harrison says his client has not closed the door on a return to the Steelers.
In other words, he's getting desperate. His Ravens visit was scrapped when the team landed Elvis Dumervil, and 35-year-old Harrison's market is cold. The Steelers might be willing to reconsider Harrison on a cheap, one-year contract.
Related: Steelers
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Love the attitude he would bring. We need guys like that on the defensive side of the ball. But we are up against the cap, he only has a few years left, and I have heard no interest at all on our part.

He is a stop gap at best, and I would rather see what our young guys have.

But to answer the question, yes his services are more affordable with Baltimore out of the scene. Anytime you take an interested team out of the equation that person's value will diminish.

sign him for a year at a bit over vet min with incentives. having him around wilson and JG is worth signing him alone. actually playing for us would be a bonus.

Harrison is NOT returning to the Steelers.
Report: Pittsburgh Steelers not interested in James Harrison - ESPN

I would love to bring Harrison in on the cheap.
images
images

Im not a huge FA fan but if Harrison came to us with a chip on his shoulder at a reasonable cap friendly price, Id love to see what he had left in the tank. His nastiness on the field would be a refreshing change for us. Otherwise, Im a proponent of young/hungry guys from the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom