Does everyone believe Bridgwater is not the answer now...? (1 Viewer)

Please God let Joe Burrow last to the second round. I have to believe that Payton is keeping close tabs on that guy, especially with him running a similar offense to the Saints. He would be a *perfect* match to this offense.

And for the record.....I am no LSU homer. I couldn’t care less about college FB. But I know a good QB when I see one.
We don't have a 2nd Rd...

But let's be honest. If Payton wants a prospect. They get their guy at any cost..

Has the talent but not the balls. Maybe it changes with a week as the main guy in practice. We’ll see. I’m not gonna write this season off just yet.

I find it hilarious that the majority of you now believe a RPO quarterback can lead this team. There was a long time member of this board who thought the same thing and he was ridiculed to the point of getting himself perma-banned.

I know TB is not the answer, but I also know Hill ain't either. I am sticking to my belief that RPO QBs will not consistently win in the NFL, but I truly hope SP plays Hill going forward so that we can truly move on from this stupid debate.

Did you watch preseason? Hill wasn’t running the RPO much at all

Funny how that always seems to happen to him and not Brees or hill
There are QB intangible mechanism at play like rhythm, timing, and energy.. There is touch on his passes. What people don't understand Brees has elite touch that makes his passes super catchable. Teddy throwing unnecessary hard bullets to player in spot where they are used to a soft touch.. They often come late, or off target. Teddy doesn't hit a player in stride. He wasn't always like that pre-injury, but it's a nasty habit that comes with this awful sense of hesitation.

Also, his struggles get worse the smaller the field gets and he's slowly building the worst resume on the opponents side of the 50 yard line.

I can take all of his other faults, but that last one can't be one of them. It's a backbreaker. We just spend a day without scoring one touchdown. We only have like 1 or 2 games in Payton 15 year career where that has ever happened.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that the majority of you now believe a RPO quarterback can lead this team. There was a long time member of this board who thought the same thing and he was ridiculed to the point of getting himself perma-banned.

I know TB is not the answer, but I also know Hill ain't either. I am sticking to my belief that RPO QBs will not consistently win in the NFL, but I truly hope SP plays Hill going forward so that we can truly move on from this stupid debate.

Citing agreement with a single dead-horse beating banned member isn't exactly helping to making your case, now is it? :hihi:

I actually agree that players that are strictly RPO QB's aren't optimum, however I saw enough this preseason to show me that Hill isn't just an RPO QB. The guy is smart, can throw the rock, has a commanding presence, the respect of his peers, exhibits awareness in the pocket, and can also run.

Payton likes to compare Taysom Hill to Steve Young. Was Young an RPO QB? No! Oh! He could easily have been one, however, in the 49ers system he was a great drop back passer that happened to be able to scramble and run. I would certainly like to see Taysom Hill get his opportunity before he is out of here on some other team . Like Aikman said today, if Payton truly feels that Taysom Hill is Steve Young, then he needs to start him. I agree!

IMO, assuming Drew is out for the season, Teddy should get at least two weeks to put this together. After that Taysom should get a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom