Does everyone believe Bridgwater is not the answer now...? (1 Viewer)

How many passes were dropped? -You don't throw bullet passes with high velocity when the WR is 5 yards away from you.

How often did the Rams defense get in our backfield?-This tends to happen when you hold on to the ball for way too long due to lack of awareness and field presence. That ball is coming out way slower and the drop back is way slower than Drew's or Taysom's.

How often was holding called on us and not the Rams for doing basically the same things?-Argument has nothing to do with Teddy's play at QB?

How many points dis Drew score before he got hurt? -Jared Cook dropped a 1st down. And Drew gets hurt on the next series.
[/QUOTE
How many passes were dropped? -You don't throw bullet passes with high velocity when the WR is 5 yards away from you.

How often did the Rams defense get in our backfield?-This tends to happen when you hold on to the ball for way too long due to lack of awareness and field presence. That ball is coming out way slower and the drop back is way slower than Drew's or Taysom's.

How often was holding called on us and not the Rams for doing basically the same things?-Argument has nothing to do with Teddy's play at QB?

How many points dis Drew score before he got hurt? -Jared Cook dropped a 1st down that led to an INT...And Drew gets hurt on the next series. So while the answer is "0. Drew scored 0", Teddy had 3 quarters and a half to Drew's half a quarter. It wasn't like Drew and Teddy had an equal amount playing starting QB today.
Drew did not get hurt on the 2nd drive
All that's important is getting to say I told you so.

Anything to make yourself feel better when your team loses, I guess.
Drew got hurt with 7 minutes left in the 1st qtr. So you wanted Teddy to float his passes and possibly get picked soyou could gripe about that. The holding calls have a great deal to do with Teddy's play. For the most part, they came after we had made a gain in yardage

Time will tell if we’re really trying to win games with playmakers at every position on offense. Or, if we’re just pridefully trying to justify a one year 7 million contract given to Bridgewater, which holds the offense hostage for four quarters every week while Brees is out

To be 100% honest.....I might not even watch the games if Bridgewater is the QB. And I know that’s unfair to him. He’s doing what he can. But I am just too emotionally invested in this team to watch them put out garbage week in and week out. And that’s my fault and my problem. But I can’t sit back and watch this team crap the bed every week.

SOB story time. I lost my dad 2 months ago. He instilled in me a fanhood of the Saints that rocks me to my core. I love this team like it’s my child. This was the 2nd game I’ve seen without my dad in the last 20 years. I just can’t take this.

On top of everything else, we have to fight the **TOS violation** refs every week. I can’t do it. I’m too invested.

Drew got hurt with 7 minutes left in the 1st qtr. So you wanted Teddy to float his passes and possibly get picked soyou could gripe about that. The holding calls have a great deal to do with Teddy's play. For the most part, they came after we had made a gain in yardage
What are you quoting me for? Anyone with eyes and see that Bridgewater is too timid and has horrendous body language. I just know the propensity for people to find some satisfaction in atleast being right when the team loses is alwas an annoying wrinkle of fandom.

My biggest problem with Teddy and I think there is evidence in Minnesota. He cant anticipate where a WR is supposed to be and having the ball there waiting when they break their route. He has to wait for an open window which leads to sacks and holds. Yes our offensive holding was frustrating but you can only block the Rams D-Line for so long. Teddy holding onto the ball for 4-5 seconds was only ever going to lead to disaster.

What I like about Hill is he gets through his progression so much quicker than Teddy and If it ain't there he runs. I keep people saying we would have to condense the play book for Hill but do we have proof of that? Hill said he has worked with Brees trainer this season. Hill even looks similar to Brees at the line in just about everything he does. He's also a ball of energy. We needed that today.

What are you quoting me for? Anyone with eyes and see that Bridgewater is too timid and has horrendous body language. I just know the propensity for people to find some satisfaction in atleast being right when the team loses is alwas an annoying wrinkle of fandom.
My bad! I was replying to someone else. Didn't realize I had qouted you.

At least Taysom would be entertaining, even if it’s a losing effort I could watch Taysom leave it all out on the field. He’ll bring excitement and probably mistakes right along with it, but he’d be fun to watch! And maybe he’d win us the game in the process

What do you mean he didnt get hurt on the 2nd drive? He did. Brees had 5 pass attempts . Two drives.

My biggest problem with Teddy and I think there is evidence in Minnesota. He cant anticipate where a WR is supposed to be and having the ball there waiting when they break their route. He has to wait for an open window which leads to sacks and holds. Yes our offensive holding was frustrating but you can only block the Rams D-Line for so long. Teddy holding onto the ball for 4-5 seconds was only ever going to lead to disaster.

What I like about Hill is he gets through his progression so much quicker than Teddy and If it ain't there he runs. I keep people saying we would have to condense the play book for Hill but do we have proof of that? Hill said he has worked with Brees trainer this season. Hill even looks similar to Brees at the line in just about everything he does. He's also a ball of energy. We needed that today.

And look, even if we did condense the playcalling for TH, we could still have a chance. I keep going back to the game against the Panthers a few years ago when Brees was out with an Oblique injury. LUKE. MCCOWN. almost won us a game against the best defense in the league at the time. The play calling was spot on, and Luke was able to complete these dink and dunk passes until the last few seconds of the game. He ended up missing Brandin Cooks for the game winner in the end zone by less than 1 foot. It was intercepted by Josh Norman. Just a minuscule amount of extra “umph” on the ball would have won us the game. If Bridgewater is not even as good as Luke friggin Mccown then what the hell are we doing?

I was at the game. He threw a ball into the dirt on 3rd down with no pressure on him at all. He did it so fast that I thought the refs had whistled the play dead. It was astounding.

Saw that. Threw up in my mouth a little bit. If your first read Is not there, MOVE TO THE SECOND READ. but Bridgey isn’t capable.

I hoped Drew would stay healthy. He hasn't now. It's completely different team no matter who's under center.
Now we're getting to the real pain from last year's loss. We have a HOF qb that is playing on borrowed time no matter how you look at it. Neither Teddy or Hill can come close to Drew's ability.

I've never been a Bridgewater fan. I still dont think he is the answer. But in fairness this 1 time he did have a lot of balls dropped. He is timid and doesnt seem to have that feel for the game. But if he us the one they decide to play I will hope he does good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom