Does everyone remember what the Vikings fans said when we signed Sharper? (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
He is washed up.
He is no good no more.
He is past his prime.
He lost a step or 2.

Why im I remembering this all of a sudden?

couldnt agree, more nnamdi will look great with us, i guarantee it

Yep...Nnamdi is the next Sharper. A guy with 15 picks in 10 seasons.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It just went completely over your head I see.

It has nothing to do with position.

I was just making a point that just because fans of a team think someone may be washed up may not be looking at the big picture.

Sharper was awful the season before he came to the Saints.
I remember Vikings fans laughing at us for signing him.

I remember when some people thought the Saints were crazy for giving Drew Brees that much guaranteed money in 2006, especially when no one else wanted to pay him anything. Every other team that needed a QB thought his career was over.

drew-brees2006jpg-a364bb723f816865_large.jpg

Just because you are a lockdown corner doesn't necessarily mean you are a play maker, pick 6 type guy. It's rare you can get a Deion Sanders or Champ Bailey. Those two were/are lockdown corners and pick 6 type guys.

It's the same reason Keenan Lewis doesn't have any youtube highlights. All he does is lock his guy down and deflect passes. (Which is the prototypical Rob Ryan corner)

Nnamdi will be a top 5 corner with us again and out of the constant pressure and negativity in Philly. Will come home to a positive and very supportive fan base. Will he get beat? Yes, or course. But he will instantly turn us into the best secondary in the league I guarantee it. We can do whatever we want up front with the corners we have and Malcolm Jenkins who I think is under rated. Go look at some of Sharpers seasons he basically had nothing. Malcolm has been in a bad scheme the past year completely. I remember him playing very well as a rookie at nickel then making a transition to safety and for first time ever and Gregg Williams saying he was the best defensive player in the NFL. Had a very good season nothing like Sharper which was one of the greatest ever. Then was put in a completely different scheme that relied on pressure from up front with 4 man rush sometimes 5 and DBs to make a play. Problem is we had no rush with that scheme and I think Malcolm is really a great fit in the new scheme. Guy can only get better and better and he is rumored to be one of the hardest worker and film study guy in the league. Is still young and has played 2 schemes and is back in one he is somewhat familiar with and should be a stud with our corners and hopefully pressure like Sharper had.

If we get Namdi I will say we will have a top 3 pass defense which would be incredible. I just can't see our run being to bad either. We solidify the LT and let a healthy Strief Brown and Harris fight for the RT and maybe even another draft pick or UDFA. Add 1 playmaker at reciever with what we got. We should be able to trade 1 back for a pick and find somebody. We will be scary next year as long as Brees is standing up.

Sometimes all a player need is a new team,a new city,with a fan base out of this world,(like ours) to bring his Mo Jo back. Sharper found it here in N.O. With the Saints. And the same will happen with Nnamdi,I guarantee.

Just because you are a lockdown corner doesn't necessarily mean you are a play maker, pick 6 type guy. It's rare you can get a Deion Sanders or Champ Bailey. Those two were/are lockdown corners and pick 6 type guys.

It's the same reason Keenan Lewis doesn't have any youtube highlights. All he does is lock his guy down and deflect passes. (Which is the prototypical Rob Ryan corner)

I'm fine with that. ..3 and out all day long

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom