Does Goodell have to be present for Vilma hearings? (1 Viewer)

RiseWhoDatNat

SaintsFTW
Reaction score
First of all, Vilma tweeted the following today:

"have my settlement hearing Mon and the injunction hearing thurs. Both in n.o. Hopefully I'm back w my guys after thurs!"

We hope so too Vilma! :ezbill:

On a similar note, does Goodell have to be present for any of the hearings? If so, are people going to go to the courthouse either for support for Vilma and/or protest against Goodell?

No, he doesn't have to be at the hearing (on the 26th).

But he does have to be "available" by telephone during the settlement conference on the 23rd.

lol, what kind of settlement can Goodell offer; 10 weeks instead of the whole season. No, they put to much into this. Goodell and his squad just going to try to win by the CBA rule. I hope the defamation part makes it through. After Scott Fajita's comment about when he shook Goodell's hand and asked him what he was doing and then his face got red... I got a sudden revelation as to what bs this is. I hope he's embarressed on a national stage.

Goodell won't change his mind.....he hopes to appeal in case he loses the first rd. He figures, lower courts tend to be more on the players side, he will have a better chance when he appeals the case.

I think he's wrong though......his case will lose all the merits, once the case moves to the discovery stage, and it turns out that they have no proof.

I want Vilma to trounce RG and the sham NFL but apart from that I think it would be better if Vilma was out for the year and his cap number off the books so we can use that extra 5M bringing out total cap to ~12-13 M, to either extend graham or make a splash trade like freeney or some other pass rusher or DB that spags covets. After 3 offseason knee surgeries and some trip to Europe for an experimental platelet procedure I highly doubt Vilma will be healthy enough anyway to play. But even if we put him on IR we don't get cap relief. Seems suspension ithe only way.

lol, what kind of settlement can Goodell offer; 10 weeks instead of the whole season. No, they put to much into this. Goodell and his squad just going to try to win by the CBA rule. I hope the defamation part makes it through. After Scott Fajita's comment about when he shook Goodell's hand and asked him what he was doing and then his face got red... I got a sudden revelation as to what bs this is. I hope he's embarressed on a national stage.

I agree - the chance of a settlement is less than one in a hundred IMO. The league has no interest in settling yet because they have no real risk yet. (Though I would love to hear those conversations with the magistrate judge).

If they lose on any issue in the motion to dismiss, things change. But not before then.

No.

Attachments

• breath-alcohol-test-wizard-oz-786735.jpg
    breath-alcohol-test-wizard-oz-786735.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 39

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom