Does Greg Williams D lead league in forced fumbles ?? (1 Viewer)

Caballero

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
....with a quick look the Saints have 22 which is far more than most other teams. For example the Ravens have 11, Packers have 12, and perhaps the closest team is the Steelers who have 19. I haven't looked up every team to compare stats to, but stripping the ball out is a huge part of G Williams defensive philosophy...and in year 2, these boys are definitely showing uncanny technique at ripping that mug out. Good thing lately we've been recovering more and more of them....but they def got the stripping part down pact. When you watch alot of the Saints defenders make tackles in slow motion you see some great wrap up form but always ALWAYS going for the ball as well.....gotta love it !

Yes, the Saints lead the NFL in forced fumbles. Unfortunatly, they are only batting around .500 in recovering them. Stupid erratically coliding oblong spheroid.

....with a quick look the Saints have 22 which is far more than most other teams. For example the Ravens have 11, Packers have 12, and perhaps the closest team is the Steelers who have 19. I haven't looked up every team to compare stats to, but stripping the ball out is a huge part of G Williams defensive philosophy...and in year 2, these boys are definitely showing uncanny technique at ripping that mug out. Good thing lately we've been recovering more and more of them....but they def got the stripping part down pact. When you watch alot of the Saints defenders make tackles in slow motion you see some great wrap up form but always ALWAYS going for the ball as well.....gotta love it !

There is also a down side to stripping the football out: if the stripping doesn't succeed, you MUST at least tackle the ball carrier. You can't go for the strip, and come out with no strip, and no ball carrier.

Although one of the 7 is that punt debacle

Yeah, whatever that was . . . I still think it should have been officially a fumble. Good discussion on this in the comments after the TP article.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom