Does it worry anyone that.... (1 Viewer)

Are the Saints to pass oriented?

• Too much pass

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Too much run

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balanced enough

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Who the heck cares as long as we win?

Votes: 61 69.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
the Saints are having so much trouble running the ball? I love the winning and if we win the rest of the schedule plus all the playoffs by passing, who am I to worry. But, most teams that make it deap into the playoffs or win the Superbowl usually have a more balanced attack offense. What can the Saints do to get more out of Deuce and Bush??

Am I worried for no reason?!

I am not as worried because even though the Bucs were able to stop the run our pass obviously killed them. Thats the good thing about our O. We are good both passing and running and if you shut one side down the other one opens up.

I don't think we have too much of a problem with our running game, to be honest. I think we've had a couple tough weeks in a row, but there have been games when we've run it very effectively. With that said, I don't care how many yards we get as long as we win.

I will take a stab at this one gents, our running game did appear very broken today. Duece does appear to be hurt, a 2.1 yard per carry average is not him. Reggie needs to be benched until he watches about 2 years worth of video on real NFL running backs, this ain't the Pac 10 Reggie, this is the real thing. 26 rushes between your top two backs for 27 yards will NOT cut it in the NFL.

I know Reggie has certain attributes that make him a great decoy. Defenses have to make an allowance for him but...his way of running thus far this season is going to cause them to stop allowing for him. He is not the weapon that everyone thought him to be. Where would we be if Duece went down and we had to rely on Reggie right now, would anyone be comfortable? Would we have a running game based on his performance in the first eight games?

A great personality yes, a great athlete yes, a benefit to this team yes, the runner he was in college...nope!

as long as teams keep eight and 9 in the box to stop our run we wont run but as our team has proved when you commit to stoping the run on us we will beat you with the pass. think about it why do teams run... to set the pass up... we are going into every game having teams so affraid of our rookie running back and duece that they will sell out to stop the run. when they stop that we will stop throwing and run all over them.. i personally think its a good problem to have.

Are you watching the Colts pass 3 times to every run style..... As long as it is working keep it up...Alot of times the Defense takes things away and you have to use other options!

When has Peyton Manning gone to a Superbowl? He gets his teams into the playoffs, but his style of play just re-enforces what I am worried about. All pass and no run......

I agree with airbornsaintsfan. Teams are overloading against the run on us because of Duece and Reggie. As long as they do this, we should keep making them pay in the passing game. With us, I truly believe you have to just pick your poison. We can be effective with either, or , or both.

Don't forget that we ran the ball down Tampa's throat when we needed to. I don't think there is anything to worry about here. Duece will get better this week as he had very few touches and if Pitt makes the mistake of playing the pass first, we will make them pay accordingly.

Don't forget that we ran the ball down Tampa's throat when we needed to.

Two runs of 8 yards, one for Brees and the other for Copper, do not constitute running down their throats. I think Duece had one for 7 yards to go along with those other two.

Pitiful run production when 3 of your runs account for 23 of the whopping 49 yards total rushing output today.

I could careless...all I really care about is the final score and that we have the "bigger" number!

Duece will get better this week as he had very few touches QUOTE]

He had 15 runs and a couple catches. Get used to it because that will be his average touches a game from now on. The days of deuce getting 25 carries are gone......

Not with Brees. Typically teams focus on "running the ball" as a key to success because the passing game tends to be inconsistent. I mean 40% of most pass plays end in incompletions stopping the clock, then you throw in sack potential (which are drive killers) and interceptions (which are drive killers and field position killers), running seems a lot safer (it is).

So a team that runs well never seems to lose games it leads in because it never screws up and always shorterns the game (Pittsburgh).

BUT

There are exceptions. Notably is the Charlie Weis coordinated Patriots who were heavily pass first, second, run a draw play, then pass it three more times. The reason that worked was the faith they had in Brady.

I think we've got a similiar situation here. Brees was, what, 8-8 on that killer 8:30 drive vs Philly? Brees is like a well oiled running game. He just doesn't screw up. He doesn't take sacks, he rarely throws picks, and when he needs too, he always seems to complete the pass. That's as good as any running game, right?

When has Peyton Manning gone to a Superbowl? He gets his teams into the playoffs, but his style of play just re-enforces what I am worried about. All pass and no run......

It's a team sport, Peyton Manning's defense isn't exactly great. It is definitely not an offensive problem in INDY.

the Saints are having so much trouble running the ball? I love the winning and if we win the rest of the schedule plus all the playoffs by passing, who am I to worry. But, most teams that make it deap into the playoffs or win the Superbowl usually have a more balanced attack offense. What can the Saints do to get more out of Deuce and Bush??

Am I worried for no reason?!

If your top back is still working his way back from an injury, and your top backup isn't getting a lot of tough yards.......I would worry, if I were you, if the coach was too stupid to realize that it would be a good idea to lean on the passing game while they got thier backs in order. (kinda like a lot of OC's we've had) i hope they continue on this trend and give McAllister all the time he needs to get his knee together for the postseason when they need him most.

BTW......the running game closed the game out. If it aint broke don't fix it........if you aint fixin it, don't worry yourself about whether or not it should be fixed.

Duece will get better this week as he had very few touches QUOTE]

He had 15 runs and a couple catches. Get used to it because that will be his average touches a game from now on. The days of deuce getting 25 carries are gone......

No offense, but i have read before, and heard commentary from analysts during games, that Payton wanted McAllister to be a 20 carry back by mid season. The problem is that he isn't really back to 100% from the knee injury yet.

I think it is smart of the coach to limit a guys touches while he works his way back from an injury. Especially if you are winning in the meantime. I wouldn't be surprised at all if deuces touches went down for a few weeks but worked themselves up to 20 carries plus by January. Barring another setback with the knee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom