N/S Does John Taylor Belong in the Hall of Fame (2 Viewers)

I would say Ed McCaffrey would get in the HOF before Taylor. He was one of my fave non-Saints players of all time. I think most of his stats were middle of the field in traffic while getting LEVELED...LOL. I can't believe he physically lasted 13 seasons. One tough SOB!

4 Superbowl appearances with 3 wins
1 Probowl
565 receptions (1 year with 101 receptions!!)
3 1000+ yd seasons
55 TD's
7,422 yds

I would say Ricky Proehl would have to be voted in first and i dont think hes close to being an HOFer

Last edited:
Anyone think Holt will ever get in? He has been in Isaac Bruce's shadow, unfortunately. That "Greatest Show On Turf" was ridiculous and fun to watch. His numbers are pretty sick. Bruce got in recently. He has been on the lists, at least.

920 receptions (avg of 84 rec a year...2 100+ rec seasons and 6 seasons with 90+ recs)
13,382 yards (8 1000+ yard seasons avg of 1,217 yds per season and 6 seasons of 1,300+ yds with 77 yds per game avg)
74 TDs
2 SB appearances with 1 win
7x Probowl

No, he was very good and deviled the Saints to no end back in the day, but I have a HOF measure I go by.

You have to be the best player at your position on your team to be considered, Taylor's career arc likely would have been much different had he not benefited so much from Jerry Rice...

He was a really good WR for a few years but mostly benefitted from playing opposite the GOAT....so no, I think Colston was a better player and more deserving....

John Taylor does not come even remotely close to being worthy. Like not even in the same universe. Nine seasons in the league and he's barely better than Lance Moore who was a #3 WR on the depth chart for his career.

He was a very good player that any team would have liked to have had. That's it. In no way is he worth HOF credentials.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom