Does LSU Basketball coach yet? (1 Viewer)

Well, apparently Travis Ford pulled his name out of the running today...they just said so on the news.

Actually a number of coaches rumored to be in the mix at LSU have made similar announcements recently including Ford, Grant and Bennet. That could be bad news, meaning the job just isnt that attractive. Or it could mean LSU has their man in place and the other candidates are making it look like they never had any interest.

If a coach gets announced in the next couple of days I will guess its the latter. I do believe there was something to the Ford story being the next coach at LSU. We may never know.

On top of that, LSU returns a pretty decent group of players next year that could easily get to the tournament, particularly if Randolph stays another year.

I think we will know inside the next couple of weeks.

From everything I've heard, Anthony Randolph is as good as gone.

from CBSsports.com:
LSU reaches deal with Stanford coach Johnson
April 9, 2008
By Gary Parrish

Stanford coach Trent Johnson has reached a deal in principle to become the next head coach at LSU, a source told CBSSports.com on Wednesday morning.

An official announcement is expected in the next 24 hours.

Johnson will take over at LSU after four seasons at Stanford. He's coming off a Sweet 16, but is leaving at a good time considering he is set to lose the Lopez Twins. Plus, Johnson only had one year remaining on his contract at Stanford, where he led the Cardinal to three NCAA tournament appearances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom