Does Mark Sanchez do anything wrong?? (1 Viewer)

Maybe we should just forfeit the game rather than get embarrassed by Mark Sanchez.

:scratch:

I don't want to say much because I have not had a chance to watch the Titans/Jets game yet, but I am just wondering if in any of these games that they have won if he had to help win it. It sounds like he has just had to protect the ball and not do anything stupid.

The Jets have beaten the Titans (thanks to special teams), who stink right now.....the Texans in week one before they figured things out with their offense and the Pats, who are obviously not the same. They had their two toughest games (NE and TEN) at home and only had to go to Houston, not really a tough place to play. Not to mention, they have averaged 21 points per game but they had one TD drive (56 yards) against NE and their drives against TEN were 19 yards, 48 yards and 73. So basically, they got one handed to them and another one was fairly easy. They were actually outgained by TEN 286-229.....yeah they had 229 total offensive yards....and they were a staunch 4/16 on third down.

Let's see how Mr. USC handles the Dome, the Saints blitzes, and if 229 yards gets it done against the Saints offense. If we don't hand them two touchdowns, they are in trouble and even if we do they still better hope our offense forgets to show up.

I do believe that their defense is very good, however.....blitzing usually doesn't phase Drew much. The Jets will not be the first team to try to beat Drew with the blitz. There is no one I'd rather have a QB against a blitz than Drew. They better hope they get to him on those blitzes, or he will torch them.

We've faced Jenkins 14 times, and he got 0.5 sacks in those 14 games. The half sack was on Jamie Martin, too, FWIW.
:idunno:

He is a beast against other teams apparently.

Yes that is true but you never faced him in a 3-4 defense with ilb like scott and harris. not saying he is gonna have 4 sacks, you guys do have a top 5 offensive line but there is no o-lineman in the league who can handle him 1-1 in this defense system and he is shown in this defense last year and so far this year that he can somewhat consistently beat double teams (even though he doesn't usually have two with either scott or harris blitzing through the whole this double team creates. this is why you running game doesn't really scare me that much, with harris, scott and big jenks in the middle there is no team in the league who can consistently run between the tackles. this is why i think this game is gonna be a lot closer than some of the posters here are thinking, if you make a team one dimensional (the passing game) it makes the jets blitzes that more effective. but then again brees is really really good.

oh yeah i'm a jets fan in case you couldn't tell:mwink:

Sanchez is a Beast, the 2nd oldest team in the league has never faced a QB w. his kind of skills.

If you're looking just at the Titans game, then no, Sanchez did not have a great game. But he played in pretty bad weather conditions, and still played well enough to win (he was responsible for all 3TDs).

In the prior 2 games, Sanchez converted several key 3rd downs, time and time again. In fact, opposing teams have stacked 8/9 people in the box, daring Sanchez to beat them...and he's done just that.

Now perhaps the Saints can get by with just 7 in the box...but Jones/Washington are both pro bowlers from last year, they are better than their numbers indicate thus far. We'll see what happens when Sanchez needs to make tough decisions with the dome crowd making noise.

One thing's for certain though, Sanchez won't have to deal with a wet ball / terrible weather conditions this time around.

Its good to see some Jets fans posting here and I humbly welcome you. Well for one I do like you team and your new QB looks great so far as a rookie, and I think Rex Ryan is doing a great job.

I think we might see which direction the game will go during the first half, both side will be tested early. If we receive the kickoff and go downfield to score, I wont be a much worried.

I think the game will be decided which teams defense can bring a win home, and yes hopefully that will be ours.

Good luck and no injuries.

Saints 28-21.

Watch the video of the TD he ran in againts the Titans. He carries the ball away from his body in one hand and goes in head first. He's lucky he didn't a) fumble and b) get carried off the field in a stretcher.

It's just like the Matt Ryan love. As long as he doesn't have a Ryan Leaf type year, he will be considered a future hall of famer.

Stop being level headed and objective. You are making it really hard for me to not like you, and that's not the way I'm supposed to feel about Jets fans.

Lol. Hopefully with all the Jet fans coming in for the game, you'll see that we're a pretty rational, football intelligent bunch. I just hope you don't meet "THAT GUY", every fan base has them.:idunno:

I think the mistakes we've seen from Sanchez have been typical rookie mistakes. What impresses me is that he learns from them and he has a short memory on the field. There's no doubt that Sunday will be a major test, playing against a very good team, in a sold out dome that I'm sure will be rockin

I'm glad I'll get to be part of it. GO JETS

They are talking about this game on sirius right now. This is the first game where Sanchez will have to put points on the board, to the tune of maybe 3 TDs. Can he do it?

I say Sanchez is really fortunate to be surrounded by decent talent. But, he won't come to our house and dictate anything. Rex Ryan, another great addition, also has the tools he needs to be great, but we will show his weaknesses as well.

We will know the answer around 7:30 PM EST this upcoming Sunday. That is why they play the games. If you try and answer it before then you are destined to be frustrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom