Does Mark Sanchez do anything wrong?? (1 Viewer)

Daddy_Duke

Section 151 Drunkard
Reaction score
Judging from the media coverage, I guess not.

• Is there a weakness in his game??

• Do we stand a chance against his smart, precision throws with pinpoint accuracy??

I swear, I have not seen one thing pessimistically said about him. Not one. Yeah, I'm sure he's good...but come on.

What have you seen that he's done badly? Because I won't get that from the media.

I'm not worried about his smarts. Did you see what our D did to T. Edwards last week? And I heard from somewhere he's the second smartest QB in the league behind Peyton Manning.

Judging from the media coverage, I guess not.

• Is there a weakness in his game??

• Do we stand a chance against his smart, precision throws with pinpoint accuracy??

I swear, I have not seen one thing pessimistically said about him. Not one. Yeah, I'm sure he's good...but come on.

What have you seen that he's done badly? Because I won't get that from the media.

being objective here i can tell you

1) doesn't protect the ball well while in the pocket. he keeps it in one hand and low. cause a fumble last week
2) doesn't like to throw it away, sometimes as a QB you need to give up on a play but he doens't like to. causes loss of yards and bad throws
3) struggled with a wet ball. had it slip out of his hands twice in the titans game

thats about all i've seen bad from him. and being he is a rookie he is playing well beyond expectations. thats why he is getting so much love. his negatives are very small compared to the positives. altough at this point he is nowhere near brees league

I'm not worried about his smarts. Did you see what our D did to T. Edwards last week? And I heard from somewhere he's the second smartest QB in the league behind Peyton Manning.

somebody told you wrong. edwards is horrible. being a jet fan since he is in my divions i know alot about him and we've played against him alot. he is just a really bad QB. IDK how he even has a job. He isn't a smart Qb has a average arm and gets rattled easily.

sanchez evena t this point is a much tougher challange then edwards

all we have to do is stop the run and force him to actually win the game. They have mostly scored on short fields. since we are great against the run, the key will be to minimize mistakes. once we get a lead, they can't catch up.

being objective here i can tell you

1) doesn't protect the ball well while in the pocket. he keeps it in one hand and low. cause a fumble last week
2) doesn't like to throw it away, sometimes as a QB you need to give up on a play but he doens't like to. causes loss of yards and bad throws
3) struggled with a wet ball. had it slip out of his hands twice in the titans game

thats about all i've seen bad from him. and being he is a rookie he is playing well beyond expectations. thats why he is getting so much love. his negatives are very small compared to the positives. altough at this point he is nowhere near brees league

Stop being level headed and objective. You are making it really hard for me to not like you, and that's not the way I'm supposed to feel about Jets fans.

From reading what Jets fans have said, he is very careless w/ the ball and has been bailed out numerous times this year by the D.

The D bailing him out repeatedly wont work against us, we will eventually break through.

I just watched the entire Jets/Titans game. They won because of Special Teams play. They got 14 of their 24 points. (it may be 17. I think they got a FG off a good Punt Return by Leonard) Their O is average at best. They had a stretch where they didn't convert 10 straight 3rd downs. Another observation is that Sanchez didn't see much pressure, and when he did, he didn't handle it well. I'm quite sure Williams knows this.

Also about their star CB Revis. I'll admit, this guy is good, but I saw him get beat quite a bit. He did have good coverage on his assignment but there was always a window where the QB could get the ball to the receiver. It's a pretty small window, but we all know who the most accurate QB in the league is.

Long as we tame them on Special Teams, I think we walk away with a W. Also, they didn't do great against the run when playing a one dimensional team like the Titans. Not sure how they'll handle a perfectly balanced attacks. This game doesn't care me at all.

Did anybody see the mustache he had against the titans. I thought that was wrong.

We've faced Jenkins 14 times, and he got 0.5 sacks in those 14 games. The half sack was on Jamie Martin, too, FWIW.
:idunno:

He is a beast against other teams apparently.

If we double team Cotcherry with Sharper over the top I'm not that scared of Sanchez, if you watched the game vs. the Titans all of his big plays were to Cotcherry.. Bring pressure and go low on Mark to get the ball out of his hand (pun intended)

I just watched the entire Jets/Titans game. They won because of Special Teams play. They got 14 of their 24 points. (it may be 17. I think they got a FG off a good Punt Return by Leonard) Their O is average at best. They had a stretch where they didn't convert 10 straight 3rd downs. Another observation is that Sanchez didn't see much pressure, and when he did, he didn't handle it well. I'm quite sure Williams knows this.

Also about their star CB Revis. I'll admit, this guy is good, but I saw him get beat quite a bit. He did have good coverage on his assignment but there was always a window where the QB could get the ball to the receiver. It's a pretty small window, but we all know who the most accurate QB in the league is.

Long as we tame them on Special Teams, I think we walk away with a W. Also, they didn't do great against the run when playing a one dimensional team like the Titans. Not sure how they'll handle a perfectly balanced attacks. This game doesn't care me at all.

Yes they got 2 TDs because of fumbles on STs and barely won.

Gotta hand it to the guy(Sanchez). He certainly does not look like a rookie thus far.
His former coach's comment about him not being ready for the NFL may have been the spark he needed to succeed. Some people absolutely thrive when doubted.

Rest assured though, he will be tested to the max this week!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom