Does NoLa give Goff the Favre treatment? (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought we weren't allowed to talk about that.

Don't care, go get him! Hit him, early and often!
I think WE can talk about whatever we want.

Steve Wyche on GMFB said "hot sauce" though, so I guess he can say it, too.

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Even if we don't get a bunch of sacks, it will be so important to get him off of his mark and make him go to secondary receivers. I don't think he will be able to handle that well and it could lead to some critical turnovers.

OP
OP
SaintsJunkie

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hope we are aggressive on defense and run the rock on offense

dutar76

3rd Year Pro
Reaction score
Pressure will affect Goff. There's different types of pressure. Shut down their run game, he feels pressure. Blitz he feels pressure. Squeeze the pocket, he feels pressure. INTs, he feels pressure. Get up a couple scores on him, he feels pressure. Knock him on his rear end a few times, he feels pressure. Make it so loud in the dome that McVey sounds like static in his helmet... he feels pressure.

Dont have to hurt him... just make him feel pressure from all of the above. He wont be able to deal with it.

4EveraSaint

The Saints Are Here!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pressure will affect Goff. There's different types of pressure. Shut down their run game, he feels pressure. Blitz he feels pressure. Squeeze the pocket, he feels pressure. INTs, he feels pressure. Get up a couple scores on him, he feels pressure. Knock him on his rear end a few times, he feels pressure. Make it so loud in the dome that McVey sounds like static in his helmet... he feels pressure.

Dont have to hurt him... just make him feel pressure from all of the above. He wont be able to deal with it.
I agree. And i also think the lambs try to go deep a few times early to see how the footlocker boys are going to call pass defenses.

pcww

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is we have to make their run game priority one and pass rush second. I would also assume they will test our strategy early to see what we are doing. Nothing different from any other game. Goff is not a world beater but an excellent quarterback. Running game of the Rams is excellent and the long passes are also strong. If we can be effective against the run we should be fine. It this case the pass will set up the run.
IIRC Gurley was held under 70 in the Dome so lets hope....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom