N/S Does Pederson Stay In Philadelphia? (1 Viewer)

I don't know if Doug survives but I've watched a few of the Eagles and I see a team that's lacking a lot of talent.

They need to take a closer look at their team scouts as well.

The GM has been an issue, I think Pederson likely goes, but Howie Roseman has never had a good draft and the fact that the o-line and WR corp is trash is I think why Wentz looks so bad right now.

They desperately needed a wide receiver in the 2020 draft and with the 21’st pick, Roseman selected Jalen Reagor. I thought that was quite the reach when you had Justin Jefferson still on the board. Check out the numbers these two rookies have produced so far. Not even close. That should have been a no brainer but hey, he’s their GM! There’s several head scratchers like that to make you wonder why he’s still around.

Philly local here to chime in.

Roseman is a cap wizard, similar to Loomis, but he stinks at talent evaluation. Philly needs a Jeff Ireland type to take over player personnel and let Roseman be the bean counter that he is.

Also, since John DeFillippo and Frank Reich left Carson Wentz has been a shell of himself. It does not help that Pederson does not staff an OC and calls the plays himself.

IMO Pederson needs to go, but almost more important is getting Roseman out of the draft room and keeping him as the contracts guy.

Since he won a championship in Philadelphia, does Pederson get the Payton treatment and stay after losing seasons or does Philadelphia fire him after the worst division race in history.
In my opinion, there’s a good chance he’s gone.

Payton wouldn't have survived in one of the Northeastern markets with those three 7-9 sesaons the Saints produced from 2014-16 when the defense stunk. The treatment in the local media is far more harsh up there. That's not always a good thing, though, and we're all fortunate as fans that he's still here.

Will Pederson get fired? In my opinion it depends on his relation with Carson Wentz.

I know there is another thread around here fantasizing that Wentz (and Daniel Jones) may leave and come to us. Won't happen. 31 General Managers don't work for the saints.

So Wentz is staying for two reasons, first one is that he has proven he is a capable quarterback, and he can be again. Second reason. Money. Plain and simple.

The Eagles have done a poor job fixing their offensive line (a position of strength before) and the wide receiver group has been ridiculous. I mean, how many times they can put their hope in DeSean Jackson?

If the relation between Wentz and Peterson is unfixable, than Pederson is as good as gone. Specially considering that it seems that the owner is fed up with the results.

A house cleaning may be the way to go. Not only Pederson but also Howie Roseman.

The GM has been an issue, I think Pederson likely goes, but Howie Roseman has never had a good draft and the fact that the o-line and WR corp is trash is I think why Wentz looks so bad right now.
Yep Roseman gotta go. They spent two high draft picks on players that made no sense in last years draft. Instead of picking Reagor, couldve had Jefferson or some O-line help. Drafted Hurts could of used that pick on a WR, O-Line help or RB. Philly has a lot of holes and they essentially wasted two prime picks.

As for Pederson, hes been a below 500 coach last few years in a cream puff division, he is Garrett 2.0. Not great, not terrible, just mediocre and not going anywhere.

Last edited:
And before anyone wants to defend Pederson for winning a Super Bowl as a coach, never forget that it was Nick Foles who called the "Philly Philly" play, not Dougie P.

I dunno how they ever won a SB.

Only year they were real good and then 2 years later with the same players they are so bad.

I dunno how they ever won a SB.

Only year they were real good and then 2 years later with the same players they are so bad.
That was the Minnesota Miracle year. If the Saints had won, they would’ve curb stomped the Eagles.

That was the Minnesota Miracle year. If the Saints had won, they would’ve curb stomped the Eagles.

And faced a declining Patriots team, same declining Patriots team that got a Rams team the next year which should of never happened.

They desperately needed a wide receiver in the 2020 draft and with the 21’st pick, Roseman selected Jalen Reagor. I thought that was quite the reach when you had Justin Jefferson still on the board. Check out the numbers these two rookies have produced so far. Not even close. That should have been a no brainer but hey, he’s their GM! There’s several head scratchers like that to make you wonder why he’s still around.
Jalen has also been hurt most of the season

Philadelphia is a totally different sports town than New Orleans. We are more patient while they are not, at least that is my opinion.

I have no idea what the talk in Philadelphia is, but I would be surprised if Pederson or Roseman was released. Pederson did win a Super Bowl, Roseman has a good national reputation, and 2020 has simply been a bizarre outlier year on which most organizations should not be basing major decisions. In Atlanta and Detroit, ownership could have made major changes after 2019. I do agree that the reasons for the regression of Wentz and his future are the big issues that need to be addressed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom