Does Ravens loss help Saints fans feel better? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Here Sean Peyton today on the sport panel (I think that what its call).

I thought the Saints losing to the Vikings was the biggest choke job this year, turn out we were only a week away from the real choke job. My hometown Titans lay a whoopin of titanic proportion. I had a feeling my Titans would win but I never expected Lamar being outplay by Tannelhill. Majority of Jackson passing yards came via garbage time and prevent defense by the Titans.

When I was still living in Nashville, that Superbowl loss to the Rams (less than 1 yard short) broke me. It wasn't just like for most fans to "I'll get over it". Nah, I literally quit watching football for 7 years. I knew that the following year we were going to leave Tennessee and I'll no longer be able to follow my Titans. Still to this day the most painful loss (in sport) of my life.

Now back on topic, does this year playoff show that regular seeding/record don't really matter in football? Patriots, Saints, Ravens all team with tons of wins end up getting upset to teams that barely sneaked into the playoff.

I hope yall feeling better today as a result of the Ravens choking. I know I would if I was a Saints fan. Now all eyes will be on Lamar and his choke status while Brees and the Saints escape scrutiny.

No. If you rewatch the game it would upset you even more just because we had miss opportunities.

Here Sean Peyton today on the sport panel (I think that what its call).

I thought the Saints losing to the Vikings was the biggest choke job this year, turn out we were only a week away from the real choke job. My hometown Titans lay a whoopin of titanic proportion. I had a feeling my Titans would win but I never expected Lamar being outplay by Tannelhill. Majority of Jackson passing yards came via garbage time and prevent defense by the Titans.

When I was still living in Nashville, that Superbowl loss to the Rams (less than 1 yard short) broke me. It wasn't just like for most fans to "I'll get over it". Nah, I literally quit watching football for 7 years. I knew that the following year we were going to leave Tennessee and I'll no longer be able to follow my Titans. Still to this day the most painful loss (in sport) of my life.

Now back on topic, does this year playoff show that regular seeding/record don't really matter in football? Patriots, Saints, Ravens all team with tons of wins end up getting upset to teams that barely sneaked into the playoff.

I hope yall feeling better today as a result of the Ravens choking. I know I would if I was a Saints fan. Now all eyes will be on Lamar and his choke status while Brees and the Saints escape scrutiny.

I lived in Nashville during that time too. Had the Titans just run Eddie George in the first half like they did in the second they’d have won. Similar to us and Murray.

And to answer the question posed, to me it’s kind of like Humphrey said about his team. We choke every year in the playoffs.

No, it doesn't. Now the hated, entitled, cheap shotting, ref-assisted 49ers have a cake walk to a Lombardi. Unbelievable.

Random observation: you can tell SP doesn't do these sit in's that often. He is only one that didn't button his coat while sitting down.

I lived in Nashville during that time too. Had the Titans just run Eddie George in the first half like they did in the second they’d have won. Similar to us and Murray.

And to answer the question posed, to me it’s kind of like Humphrey said about his team. We choke every year in the playoffs.

Wait were you ever a Titans fan? I'm just a Titans bandwagoner at this point. They will always be a team I root for and support because they are close to my heart and because I love Nashville!

I was VERY much pulling for the Titans in that SB and was sick after the loss. I loved McNair and Eddie George. I was disappointed. My old school NFCW hate is still living strong in me. lol

Wait were you ever a Titans fan? I'm just a Titans bandwagoner at this point. They will always be a team I root for and support because they are close to my heart and because I love Nashville!

I am and was. Was an Oilers fan when they moved I became a Titans fan.

No, it doesn't. Now the hated, entitled, cheap shotting, ref-assisted 49ers have a cake walk to a Lombardi. Unbelievable.

Don't be so sure, Seahawks or Packers can beat them especially if those team take the lead. Jimmy G didn't do anything yesterday, he was just a game manager. That was the most boring divisional game I have ever seen. I nearly fell asleep. They didn't trust Jimmy to throw. He got outplay by Kirk.

I too hate the 49ers as well but mostly because of Jimmy G (Patriots taint). This dude can win games while throwing 1 pick and 0 touchdown (4 in the regular season). Outside of Brady, who else can do that?

Don't be so sure, Seahawks or Packers can beat them especially if those team take the lead. Jimmy G didn't do anything yesterday, he was just a game manager. That was the most boring divisional game I have ever seen. I nearly fell asleep. They didn't trust Jimmy to throw. He got outplay by Kirk.

I too hate the 49ers as well but mostly because of Jimmy G (Patriots taint). This dude can win games while throwing 1 pick and 0 touchdown (4 in the regular season). Outside of Brady, who else can do that?
The Seahawks, with no running game due to injuries, are a dead team walking.

The Packers don't impress me. They've piled up a bunch of wins against trash teams, and seemed to face good teams in just the right situation (like the Vikings without Cook or anything to play for).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom