does rivers remind anyone else of.. (1 Viewer)

cash1234

genius of myself
Reaction score
Mark Feilds? He does to me and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Mark was a giant dissapointment w/ the Saints but then he played great in Carolina. Coaching I guess

I haven't seen enough of him to make that judgement. Fields was good for Carolina, but with the Saints he was straight-line fast and would just run past the QB or ball carrier taking himself out of the play.

Mark Fields down fall was that, although he had the size/speed, he lacked the needed instincts to play that position - often finding himself not in position to make the tackle. No one has questioned River's instinct or called him only combine warrier, etc. There is nothing to even mention Rivers and Fields in the same sentence except in response to this thread. Sorry, just don't see it.

Not in the least. If anyone, he looks like Derrick Brooks to me.

Well maybe my memory is fuzzy but i thought Fields was pretty good for us I hated to see him leave.How can any one say rivers will be better or worse than him Rivers aint played a down in the big boys league.I for one hope we get him and hope he is L.T. Derreck Thomas and Ricky Jackson all roled up into one but i wish that of any LB. we may draft.

besides the fact they both wore #55...nope.....How exactly do you worry about Rivers because of Mark Fields?....did he say he was gonna hurt him if we drafted him and he tried to wear his old number?

Physically, yes, but have you heard any interview with Rivers? This guy is super-intelligent. Fields had all the physical tools in the world but not the brightest bulb on the tree. I know there was a lot of talk about blown assignments when he played here(including one that cost us a game in San Francisco, if I remember correctly). It's the main reason Mora let him go.

Frankly, I'm not sure Rivers is the athlete Fields was, but I know for sure he's a much smarter player.

I would agree as well, no way. I think Rivers is bigger, not as fast. Mark was a good player, but not a great player. Don't get me wrong, I would take him right now in a heart beat with the Black and Gold. They always said that he was so fast that he over ron plays and could not regroup to make the tackle and not the smartest on the playing field. I remember when we drafted him, I said, who is Mark Fields. I think he had a pretty nasty knee injury if I am not mistaken that I think slowed him down with us pretty much.

Mark Fields was my favorite Saints player. He bought me a jersey and autographed it and gave it to me. I was about twelve then and I couldn't find a jersey of his to fit me and after one of many games I was in the garage where the players come out he gave me the jersey that fit me. It was very cool.

no more than DRC/McElvin reminding me of Molden or Dorsey/Ellis reminding me of Sullivan

I can't really figure out just how good Rivers really is... Did the fact that he played along side of Maualuga and Cushing take away some of the big-play opportunities that he otherwise would have made, or were those guys making him look better than he really is?

I remember Feilds being pretty good. I do know that after he left.....our LB corps went to the Netherworld in a hurry.

Mark Fields down fall was that, although he had the size/speed, he lacked the needed instincts to play that position - often finding himself not in position to make the tackle. No one has questioned River's instinct or called him only combine warrier, etc. There is nothing to even mention Rivers and Fields in the same sentence except in response to this thread. Sorry, just don't see it.

I've heard quit a few people question KRs instincts, thats actually the comparison I was making between him and MF , a tremendously gifted athlete with sub-par instincts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom