Does SP Finally have Legit #1 WR Weapon in Thomas? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I Love Marcus Colston, but imho I don't think he was in the class of Julio Jones, D Thomas, AJ Green or Dez Bryant. Those #1 WRs are weapons to attack and rip-up defenses.

In Seattle, Thomas went against Sherman and had a great game. It looks like SP is getting enough confidence in Thomas to send him out as primary target against the best CBs in the league.

I know it's still way early in his career, but it looks like SP may have his 1st legit #1 elite, game changing WR.

Is this kid that good? How can SP use him to be more effective in the future? And how much better are Cooks, Willie and Fleener with Thomas taking the #1 CB on?

They have two #1 targets in Cooks and Thomas. There are thirty two #1 receivers in the league and both are top 30 receivers. What you are referring to is an all-pro receiver...something much more rare.

Thomas is much more elusive than that dude Colston. I wish Thomas was 6'4". Then he'd be amazingly unstoppable.

Now he's just very unstoppable.

I know a lot of folks are comparing Thomas to Colston... I just dont see it. Thomas is much more athletic to me. I think his ceiling is much higher than our beloved Colston. Correct me if im wrong... but Colston was deadly in the slot because of the matchups he created in the middle of the field... Thomas is more of an outside receiver creating separation from the other teams #1 CB. Just my humble opinion trying to spark some chatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thomas is much more elusive than that dude Colston. I wish Thomas was 6'4". Then he'd be amazingly unstoppable.

Now he's just very unstoppable.

He's 6'3. I think what you mean is if he had 4.3 speed

I Love Marcus Colston, but imho I don't think he was in the class of Julio Jones, D Thomas, AJ Green or Dez Bryant. Those #1 WRs are weapons to attack and rip-up defenses.

In Seattle, Thomas went against Sherman and had a great game. It looks like SP is getting enough confidence in Thomas to send him out as primary target against the best CBs in the league.

I know it's still way early in his career, but it looks like SP may have his 1st legit #1 elite, game changing WR.

Is this kid that good? How can SP use him to be more effective in the future? And how much better are Cooks, Willie and Fleener with Thomas taking the #1 CB on?

Colston was a zone beater. Cooks doesn't beat man coverage that well. I think we thought Coby was better in creating separation in man than he really was. Thomas is seeing a high #of targets because he wins in man a lot and not just on the fly routes like Cooks.

He's also doing well in Zone.

Year 2 and depending on what articles you read He already is the true #1 receiver we've been looking for. Sammy is being hesitant as he said in a diff thread "we may be seeing something special" I'll just be bold for him and say..we are.

I know a lot of folks are comparing Thomas to Colston... I just dont see it. Thomas is much more athletic to me. I think his ceiling is much higher than our beloved Colston. Correct me if im wrong... but Colston was deadly in the slot because of the matchups he created in the middle of the field... Thomas is more of an outside receiver creating separation from the other teams #1 CB. Just my humble opinion trying to spark some chatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a fair comparison. Thomas has only played 8 games and we don't know who he will become. Additionally, just because he's more athletic than Colston doesn't mean he will be more productive or a better WR.

Colston was a zone beater. Cooks doesn't beat man coverage that well. I think we thought Coby was better in creating separation in man than he really was. Thomas is seeing a high #of targets because he wins in man a lot and not just on the fly routes like Cooks.

He's also doing well in Zone.

Year 2 and depending on what articles you read He already is the true #1 receiver we've been looking for. Sammy is being hesitant as he said in a diff thread "we may be seeing something special" I'll just be bold for him and say..we are.

I don't know football like you EJW, but from what I'm seeing, this Thomas kid is special. That 15 yard out he caught against SF, where he was running to the sideline with his head and shoulders facing the field with the CB on his right shoulder was amazing. He spotted the ball early and waited till the last second to turn his shoulders to make an easy outside catch. That's the stuff of great receivers who play with CBs.

And in one game he caught a TD on a quick short slant. He clearly saw the CB was watching him so he ran the CB into his teammate LB and they obliterated each other. No pick was necessary.

And that long TD catch he made when the ball hit the CBs back was brilliant. Thomas had the ball spotted the entire time. It's like he knew he was going to catch it.

There's physical skills he has that are superb, but to me, he seems to have elite football IQ. He's just seems smarter than the defenders on the field trying to cover him and I think he believes that also.

They have two #1 targets in Cooks and Thomas. There are thirty two #1 receivers in the league and both are top 30 receivers. What you are referring to is an all-pro receiver...something much more rare.

My bad. Sammy, I should have clarified. I was trying to say Thomas may have the ability to be a true #1 Elite WR in the league - top 3 to 5.

Drew Brees said a mouth full "I threw it up and let the big man make a play" You think maybe he's in the class of Bryant, Beckam, Brown. I think so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom