Does the Butler signing change what we do with #15 now? (1 Viewer)

I think reaching for a pass rusher is off the table and I do think Mingo is a reach. I think the go left tackle or attempt to trade down.

Sean and Loomis are doing what they do every year. Fill all the major needs in FA, leaving all options open in the draft.

Im sure in the coming few weeks we will sign a veteran LT (like McKinnie), another corner (Asomugha, Porter or Mack) and another vet d-lineman (like Hampton).

Then in the draft we can either pick up the BPA or if they want one of the 2nd tier LT's trade down to the back of the 1st and pick up a 2nd rounder to spend on someone like M.Watson from Florida State.

Does that change what we do with pick #15? Or if Mingo or Jones is still there, do we take one of them anyway? Or is BPA now? Maybe OT? Perhaps we go safety or even CB?

Or Tavon Austin?

Trade back and get Kevin Minter?

Just kind of curious if the Victor Butler signing changes our strategy with the 15th pick or not.

No. Butler is no more sure a thing than Galette or Wilson. He's a career backup. He's shown some promise but you're not really saying "oh we locked this spot up for the next 5 years". All we're doing is rolling 3 dice now, not just two.

It changes nothing as far as the draft goes.

"IF" we draft a wr...I hope it's Patterson from Tennessee dude is gonna be special. Personally I want to improve the defense but if the player we want isn't there...I'd go 4 Patterson.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

IMO, we have to take BPA based on NEED.... so we will probably be looking at a T, OLB, or a S at 15.

..... all the so called "top WR's" in this draft arent worth a 1st round pick. i wouldnt draft Patterson or Austin. Patterson seems too immature to give 1st round money to. Austin didnt run many different routes in college. the bulk of his routes were WR screens, Quick Slants, and drag routes. so, no thanks to either of these WR's.

No. Butler is no more sure a thing than Galette or Wilson. He's a career backup. He's shown some promise but you're not really saying "oh we locked this spot up for the next 5 years". All we're doing is rolling 3 dice now, not just two.

To be fair, he was playing behind DWare and Spencer in Dallas. Not many OLB's would get much playing time there much less Butler. When Butler did see the field, he made plays and yeah, as someone else said, a lot of Cowboys fans were wondering why Butler didnt see the field more. Jerry Jones has a habit of making sure the players that are the most paid sees the field. I think this was one of those situations.

I know many Cowboys fans and they are all saying that they should have kept Butler and let Spencer go.

That speaks volumes IMO

Now do we pick Tavon Austin @15, or trade back and lose him? If hes there at 15, we will have numerous offers.

This!

Does that change what we do with pick #15? Or if Mingo or Jones is still there, do we take one of them anyway? Or is BPA now? Maybe OT? Perhaps we go safety or even CB?

Or Tavon Austin?

Trade back and get Kevin Minter?

Just kind of curious if the Victor Butler signing changes our strategy with the 15th pick or not.
That's a good question,which I can't answer. However I must say,I'm happy Butler signed with us!

To be fair, he was playing behind DWare and Spencer in Dallas. Not many OLB's would get much playing time there much less Butler. When Butler did see the field, he made plays and yeah, as someone else said, a lot of Cowboys fans were wondering why Butler didnt see the field more. Jerry Jones has a habit of making sure the players that are the most paid sees the field. I think this was one of those situations.

I know many Cowboys fans and they are all saying that they should have kept Butler and let Spencer go.

That speaks volumes IMO

Dude, they're Cowboys fans - do you really trust their opinions?

Seriously, though, I don't know much about the kid, but I DO like that he's young, I DO like that RR knows him already, and I DO like adding competition to the position. I'm excited to see what he can do, but I'm also optimistic JG and MW can step up and be difference makers. As LSSpam said though, they're all unknowns to a large degree - so if we draft an OLB I won't be upset.

I think our biggest NEED right now, though, is LT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom