Does the Butler signing change what we do with #15 now? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Does that change what we do with pick #15? Or if Mingo or Jones is still there, do we take one of them anyway? Or is BPA now? Maybe OT? Perhaps we go safety or even CB?

Or Tavon Austin?

Trade back and get Kevin Minter?

Just kind of curious if the Victor Butler signing changes our strategy with the 15th pick or not.

We need a tackle...I don't care how we get one, but we needed one more than we needed a pass rusher.

People probably won't like it, but if lane Johnson is there before San Diego picks, I bet we trade up for him.

Tackle isn't something you can skimp on

Well the thing about changing the strategy of the draft is that us fans never really knew what strategy Payton had in the first place.

What I am curious about is if Loomis will pick up a Tackle now in Free agency? Or in the draft? I don't feel comfortable with picking up a Tackle from the first round unless they move up which I doubt. I was hoping that the mckinnie pick up would have happened, but so far nothing. The tackle position is a must. Lets just see how it all pans out.

Butler was on his way to being a stud around here once he got some playing time. He was really starting to raise some eyebrows as to why he wasn't playing. I think it's a great pick up. It also ****** the cowboy fans off, and that's always fun, but none of that changes the bpa approach i believe we use.

We need a tackle...I don't care how we get one, but we needed one more than we needed a pass rusher.

People probably won't like it, but if lane Johnson is there before San Diego picks, I bet we trade up for him.

Agree. I would like us to get an elite lt if one is available.

It's also a position we NEED RIGHT NOW! We can't afford to make a #15 pick an OT to groom when what we NEED is a STARTER! I agree with you on the Tackle position thoughts but IMHO, drafting one now won't help us NOW! Can't put a Rook in that position unless he is some kind of Superman Skill Set Bruiser who is Agile, Nimble, Quick and REALLY KNOWS the position. In short: NO ONE can do that! Certainly no one in THIS draft. Do you think? Do you believe Lane Johnson is ALL THAT? If we do draft the guy, well, I guess I'd HAVE to pull for him to learn everything he can in Camp and come out busting up people left and right, but I find that highly unlikely.

WE NEED A LT BADLY!!!!!!!!

It's also a position we NEED RIGHT NOW! We can't afford to make a #15 pick an OT to groom when what we NEED is a STARTER! I agree with you on the Tackle position thoughts but IMHO, drafting one now won't help us NOW! Can't put a Rook in that position unless he is some kind of Superman Skill Set Bruiser who is Agile, Nimble, Quick and REALLY KNOWS the position. In short: NO ONE can do that! Certainly no one in THIS draft. Do you think? Do you believe Lane Johnson is ALL THAT? If we do draft the guy, well, I guess I'd HAVE to pull for him to learn everything he can in Camp and come out busting up people left and right, but I find that highly unlikely.

Good thing about everything you just said is that Sean, and Mickie are already on top of it while you put your caps lock on. :ezbill:

Lane Johnson sounds like he's being pushed up the draft boards because of need and he's the last starting quality LT in the draft....

On talent alone he's probably a top 30-40 player.....I would not like us to get him just to fill the need and leave on the table potential all pro talent who we could nab using the BPA approach....

What is great is that most first round tackles are ready and willing to start from day 1. Linemen are historically some of the smartest players on the field which means the play book is easy to grasp....on top of that, lane Johnson is a freak athletically. He's not huge but most tackles in today's nfl are more garnered towards pass protection anyway.

I don't know a whole lot about lane Johnson, but what I've seen since I saw him blow up the combine is all good.

2 things I loved were his footwork and that he's a natural knee bender...everything else can be taught

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom