Does the New Orleans media market help Dez? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the love affair the national media has with Dallas and how that need for constant news may have contributed to the off the field bad wrap Dez has gotten? I realize Twitter posts are out there for the world to see but aside from our local reporters, it doesn't seem like the national media cares as much about what our players have to say. Does this lack of attention help Dez to focus more on his game and allow him to play and be a better teammate than many expect?

I think it puts pressure on him to perform, because regardless of what people think about how much attention we get - Drew Brees always does get attention when the Saints are winning. Also, it's pretty difficult to ignore the Saints and their offense when they're 7-1 and in control of the #1 seed with an offense that scores at a rate that's higher than any team in the league.

I think that the more the Saints win, they get covered more every year. You can see the difference. Even during the rebuilding of '14-'16 the Saints still got a few primetime games. You're gonna see the Saints national coverage expand even more if they win a second Super Bowl. That'll put the Saints into the upper tier. Franchises with multiple championships.
As for Dez, he's still gonna get a ton of media coverage. Like I said, the Saints are a national brand now. Combine that with the Saints in the drivers seat for the number one seed, the coverage will be expanding as the season goes and the anticipation of a Rams/Saints NFC Championship gets closer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom