Does The Teddy Signing Mean (is Brees' last year?) MOD EDIT (1 Viewer)

This is the answer right here. On point!

Drew won’t play past this upcoming season. How about a $100 SR donation bet on it? ?

ETA:
Nah? No worries. I’ll still donate it, and I’ll be right.

Last edited:
While Drew is showing signs of retirement, some of the fanbase will be in denial.
He's the best qb we've ever had so it's only
normal we don't want to let go.
The conversations within the organization
are there. We just don't know anything.
Teddy's one year contract shows he's playing
it by ear. Drew is close but nobody truly knows except Drew.
If we win a Superbowl, he may leave on top.
If we dont, he may stick around....who knows.
The unsettled future is just that, unsettled.
Gotta play it by ear with one of the best all time qbs in the nfl. He's earned it.
Agreed! Give him a solid #2 wr and a te and I think he easily could be good for 2-3 more yrs. in 3 yrs he’s still better than bridge

I just remembered. Manning had serious nerve neck injury. He actually had stem cell treatment in Europe. It worked for one year, but I strongly suspect it flaired up his last year. That type of injury will cause severe weakness in shoulder and arms. To our best knowledge, Brees has no such injury to impact his throwing. That's a big plus for Brees.
I was recently diagnosed with 2 herniated cervical discs. I was looking on the internet to see what treatment options were and what the prognosis is if I did not have surgery. In my research, I found articles on Peyton Manning. His herniated disc was so bad that he could not even throw a Nerf football. He had extensive rehab to be able to throw an NFL ball, and even then, he had nowhere near the zip he did before the herniated disc. It was not directly age that did Peyton in. It was the herniated disc, which originated with the same congenital condition that his brother Cooper has. Anyway, the point of all this is that injury was the reason Peyton fell off a cliff, not age directly. I do not see the same outcome for Brees unless he has an injury they are not disclosing. Absent injury, I would be very surprised if this were Brees' last year. Worse, it would fuel the rumors of Sean Payton going to Dallas. It is just as plausible to think that Teddy signed a 1 year to see what happens, and the team also cannot predict Brees' future and productivity, so everybody is seeing how it goes. And Teddy is additional insurance given the lack of a first round pick this year. That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

You know Payton has to be fired or traded to go to another team next year right?

He could walk away...Saints could terminate his contract...there are several options. I'm just saying it would not surprise me at all if Payton is not the coach of the Saints at the start of the 2020 season.

He could walk away...Saints could terminate his contract...there are several options. I'm just saying it would not surprise me at all if Payton is not the coach of the Saints at the start of the 2020 season.

He’s not getting fired (terminated if you want to say it that way). He’s not getting traded. I’d be surprised if he retired next season.

Notice I said maybe more. That’s the minimum he’d take to be a starter. But cheap is rookie contract QBs. As a backup Teddy is making more than 7 NFL starters.

Unless something really drastic happens between now and 2020, TeddyB wont have many if any other options to start. Would you take a prove-it deal to be the starter under Payton or a backup deal somewhere else, to be a backup??

Also, keep an eye on the Rosen situation he's probably not in AZ past 2019.

Unless something really drastic happens between now and 2020, TeddyB wont have many if any other options to start. Would you take a prove-it deal to be the starter under Payton or a backup deal somewhere else, to be a backup??

Also, keep an eye on the Rosen situation he's probably not in AZ past 2019.

Love to have Rosen but I don’t think they’re trading him.

If the offense is tailored right Drew could be a top 5 QB for at least 5 more years barring injury. I didn't see a huge drop off at all. Our offense wasn't the same after Dallas but to be fair it wasn't poor at all either. A reliable TE, a Dan Arnold TD catch instead of a drop, etc. we probably blow the Rams out en route to the SB and based on what we saw in the SB it would've been ours to lose. THAT call, and we still make the SB and the rest applies. I think with Drew it's more so wanting to go out on his own terms, rather than be the guy hanging on for one year too long. So I think his approach is to see how it works out with his health, productivity, and the way the team goes and ultimately to see if he feels like doing it all over again. I know most of y'all hate the Lakers and probably don't have too much love for Kobe Bryant but I remember him saying his decision was made because he just decided he didn't wanna do it all over again for another season. That spark, that passion that is required to grind out a professional season and that it entails was gone and nothing about the Lakers title prospects at the time was enough to re-ignite the flame. I get the feeling that's what it'll be with Drew. If we win it or all or are a legit contender again then I see him sticking around. If we don't, for whatever reason barring maybe the injury bug to other key players, I think he'll probably call it a day.

If the offense is tailored right Drew could be a top 5 QB for at least 5 more years barring injury. I didn't see a huge drop off at all. Our offense wasn't the same after Dallas but to be fair it wasn't poor at all either. A reliable TE, a Dan Arnold TD catch instead of a drop, etc. we probably blow the Rams out en route to the SB and based on what we saw in the SB it would've been ours to lose. THAT call, and we still make the SB and the rest applies. I think with Drew it's more so wanting to go out on his own terms, rather than be the guy hanging on for one year too long. So I think his approach is to see how it works out with his health, productivity, and the way the team goes and ultimately to see if he feels like doing it all over again. I know most of y'all hate the Lakers and probably don't have too much love for Kobe Bryant but I remember him saying his decision was made because he just decided he didn't wanna do it all over again for another season. That spark, that passion that is required to grind out a professional season and that it entails was gone and nothing about the Lakers title prospects at the time was enough to re-ignite the flame. I get the feeling that's what it'll be with Drew. If we win it or all or are a legit contender again then I see him sticking around. If we don't, for whatever reason barring maybe the injury bug to other key players, I think he'll probably call it a day.

Nice post. I think it’s a guarantee Drew hangs em up after this upcoming season but you make some good points imo.

He can't walk away and sign with another team. IF he walks away then the Saints would still own his contract and he can not sign with another team without the Saint's approval. If it's Dallas then Gayle should demand at least 2 1st round picks and half of the Cowboys profits for 2 years!

Yes. Almost 100% certain. And it works both ways. 1) Bridgewater would not have turned down a starting job if he didn't think he was starting here in 2020 and 2) We would not have paid him $7.5M to keep him around to be a backup if we didn't think he was starting in 2020.

I feel so old. And sad.

End of an era? Yeah, maybe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom