does them hdtv antennas work? (1 Viewer)

speckle trout

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
My samsung projection tv has one of them built in hdtv signal thingys. I got one of them antennas from walmart that says htdv compatible . Once i got home and set it up it doesnt seem to work. I cant get any HD channels like Fox. help plz

is it just a litle rabbit ear thingy? if so, I had one, too, and it blew. I have one now in the attic and the picture is incredible.

BTW, the HD channels have a -1 after them. so like for channel 6, you have to tune to channel 6-1 for the HD signal.

My samsung projection tv has one of them built in hdtv signal thingys. I got one of them antennas from walmart that says htdv compatible . Once i got home and set it up it doesnt seem to work. I cant get any HD channels like Fox. help plz

give me your zipcode and I will tell you how close you are to the stations. "hdtv compatible" is a marketing scheme, any antenna can catch hd signals as long as it can tune to the uhf frequencies.

is it just a litle rabbit ear thingy? if so, I had one, too, and it blew. I have one now in the attic and the picture is incredible.

BTW, the HD channels have a -1 after them. so like for channel 6, you have to tune to channel 6-1 for the HD signal.

Ted, I saw one that I was thinking about buying and putting in my attic.. Are you using the antenna for one TV or multiple? I was thinking it would be great if I could connect the antenna where the cable comes into the house, and then let the signal be split by all of the wiring in the house for each cable jack, not one TV's cable jack.. I don't even know if that's possible or not..

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

check this website out, put in your street address and then it will tell you how far you are from the transmitters and what direction to point your antenna. Im not sure which ones are up or down after the storm in the new orleans area maybe someone else can tell you that.

I dunno what im doing wrong. hmm maybe i should get a better antenna? I bought one of them phillips one from walmart 25 bucks.

I know that a few of the stations around new orleans are still down from the storm. not sure which ones though. are you letting your tv scan for digital channels? check in your manual and follow the instructions on how to add digital stations.

tgo, I don't see why you couldn't do that. My antenna signal piggy backs on the same cable as my directv signal.

I dont think you can do it with cable because the frequencies are very close and some overlap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom