Does this change Your mind about Ingram?? (1 Viewer)

I like Ingram, but I hate the cost. We could have picked a good defensive player that year and the next, and still got a good RB or 2 in later rounds or UDFA. Any RB you draft in round 1 stands a big chance to be a disappointment. We should pick up RB's in the late rounds and UDFA and let them fight it out for a roster slot. When will we ever learn?

Nope. Goodell would of taken our first round draft pick.

This may not be true for all, but for me... I'm waiting for Deuce 2.0, or Deuce deuce...

Whatever.

Until someone comes along that is as personable, hard-working, and lovable as Deuce M., I'll never be truly *happy*. Deuce left a mark on this team and fanbase, and any running back that we as fans have 'invested in' (in the form of draft picks), will have an uphill battle getting that same love.

God forbid we spend a decent draft pick on a QB to fill in after Drew decides to retire... I feel sorry for that guy more than Ingram.

That's why I think the best guy to succeed Drew is someone that is about as unlike Drew as possible, except that he's really good.

Like a 6'4" 230lb, 4.6 40 running, sling it all over the field type and as productive as someone with that kinda talent should be, as opposed to the types that think we should get Johnny Manziel or whatever just because he's similar in stature. The Brees comparisons will be harder to avoid that way as opposed to the other kind of guy that might not even exist.

That's why I think the best guy to succeed Drew is someone that is about as unlike Drew as possible, except that he's really good.

Like a 6'4" 230lb, 4.6 40 running, sling it all over the field type and as productive as someone with that kinda talent should be, as opposed to the types that think we should get Johnny Manziel or whatever just because he's similar in stature. The Brees comparisons will be harder to avoid that way as opposed to the other kind of guy that might not even exist.

Yeah, this board will be all sorts of crazy once Brees hangs up the cleats.

This may not be true for all, but for me... I'm waiting for Deuce 2.0, or Deuce deuce...

Whatever.

Until someone comes along that is as personable, hard-working, and lovable as Deuce M., I'll never be truly *happy*. Deuce left a mark on this team and fanbase, and any running back that we as fans have 'invested in' (in the form of draft picks), will have an uphill battle getting that same love.

God forbid we spend a decent draft pick on a QB to fill in after Drew decides to retire... I feel sorry for that guy more than Ingram.

:hihi: the back so nice, they named him twice

The whole argument that Ingram's stats suffered due to teams stacking the box just doesnt fly.... at all...

Ivory was able to shamey dame Ingram facing the EXACT same circumstances when his number was called and his stats were MUCH better. Period

The whole argument that Ingram's stats suffered due to teams stacking the box just doesnt fly.... at all...

Ivory was able to shamey dame Ingram facing the EXACT same circumstances when his number was called and his stats were MUCH better. Period

THIS! I know CI had a problem staying healthy, probably due to that reckless abandon which made defenses miss and bounce off or get driven into the ground. Now MI could show flashes of that ( usually AFTER CI showed him how and that it could be done) so, what's that mean? Is it Ingram's heart? Seems he has the ability. Let's see how he plays this season KNOWING how important those bruising yards will help this TEAM! Now, he has ruined one of our Defensive cornerstones with a errant knee bump (which, I must say, made me like Ingram just a little less than I already did, given his lack of performance until Chris Ivory lit him up!). So, right or wrong, good or bad, he's got that third spot right now, let's just hope Coach Payton can wring every bit of drive and desire in Mark's spirit and he turns into the BEAST he should/could have been since day one!

Not sure how often Ivory saw stacked boxes, but I would assume it was a lot. But it doesn really matter for a few reasons:

1.) I think it was clear that Ivory was the better, more explosive pure running back. Not many would argue this.

2.) He is no longer a Saint

3.) He would have left after this year anyway, unless we traded Ingram. I bet the Saints listened to offers for all their RB;s though, and probably got the best offer for Ivory.

People arent arguing that Ingram's only reason for subpar production is stacked boxes (atleast, thats not what I am saying). But it did contribute. I listed some of the other reasons in my earlier post. But basically its a combination of:

- High expectations due to pedigree, college career, and draft cost
- Inconsistent use of vision and understanding of blocking scheme/defenses
- Play tipping due to predictable personel packages and play calls.

The last 2 can be fixed.

The first one, unfortunately cannot.

I don't get why they compared the raw numbers when Richardson has only played 1 season and Ingram 2.

That's silly.

If Richardson does better in his 2nd season (expected), he will more than double the stats of Ingram over the same time period. It won't even be close at that point.

Did they even mention Richardson had 51 receptions for 357 yards and another TD? 1300+ all purpose yards (rushing/receiving) and 12 TDs is nothing to sneeze at.

The only question you can have about Richardson is the yards per carry. That needs to improve. But he was ultra productive in his inaurgural season, a season that we expected out of Ingram (remember, he was was known for his pass catching ability at Alabama). Yet, he can't catch a ball if his life depended on it. As long as that remains the status quo, he will never be the productive back he needs to be to accomplish his goals in the NFL.

Not sure how often Ivory saw stacked boxes, but I would assume it was a lot. But it doesn really matter for a few reasons:

1.) I think it was clear that Ivory was the better, more explosive pure running back. Not many would argue this.

2.) He is no longer a Saint

3.) He would have left after this year anyway, unless we traded Ingram. I bet the Saints listened to offers for all their RB;s though, and probably got the best offer for Ivory.

People arent arguing that Ingram's only reason for subpar production is stacked boxes (atleast, thats not what I am saying). But it did contribute. I listed some of the other reasons in my earlier post. But basically its a combination of:

- High expectations due to pedigree, college career, and draft cost
- Inconsistent use of vision and understanding of blocking scheme/defenses
- Play tipping due to predictable personel packages and play calls.

I rated this post helpful. You made a good argument and then justified your reasons. Good post

This was a post i made a couple months back on Ivory and am just reposting for the purpose of showing why I am so hard on Ingram. I REALLY want Ingram to succeed and hope he becomes a helluva running back. He certainly has the potential to do so. I consider myself a bit of an athlete as well (adult softball LOL) and can vouch that nagging seemingly simple injuries can totally change the way you play. So if true what i read on an earlier post that ingram played earlier in the year last year with injury i can understand. With the loss of Ivory I really hope that Ingram comes out healthy and ready to play. With where he was drafted and what we gave up i would like to see stats similar to below

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...new-york-jets/

Simply looking at his 2012 stats, you’d see Chris Ivory rush 40 times in six games for an average of 5.4 yards per carry. While that is very good, his numbers get even better when going in depth. He had a missed tackle for every 3.23 carries, which ranked him third of all running backs, up from a missed tackle every 7.18 carries back in 2011. In addition, Ivory had a 15 yard or more run for every 13.3 carries, which ranked him at 14th among running backs. His points per snap came in at 0.55 which was fifth overall.

While having breakaway runs and missed tackles are important, his PFF Signature Stats tell a similar story. His elusive rating, which measures the ability of a running back beyond the help of blockers, topped out at 146.2. Ivory’s yards after contact were 4.73. Both of these stats were the highest among any running back with at least 40 carries. He also graded at +3.9 PFF overall and +3.7 PFF rushing. Now Ivory moves to a Jets offense that has ranked second, 16th, and sixth the last three years respectively in rushing attempts as a team

Ingram was a different runner the latter part of last year. I saw him breaking tackles and running tough. At the time I thought he was responding to Ivory's performance but this offseason I had read about some injuries he may have been playing through.

He's got this year to prove it to us and then that'll be it.

This and more this. Time to put up or shut up.

Ivory doesn't play in New Orleans anymore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom