Does this change Your mind about Ingram?? (1 Viewer)

Richardson played last season on a bad ankle and 2 broken ribs. Ingram did not.
Trent had 51 catches last season, Ingram did not.
T.R. Gets into the end zone a lot. M.I. Does not

Richardson had a head coach. Ingram did not.

Richardson was a top 5 pick. Ingram was not.

Ingram split carries. Richardson did not.

Man, repetition IS fun!

In 2 full seasons, he has yet to show signs of being more than a journeyman RB. It's a little unusual to spend 2 high draft choices on an average RB, so there will be pressure. Let's see how he responds. I'm giving him 2 mulligans, but not 3.

2 mulligans? For not leading the league in rushing?

Thank goodness mark Ingram doesn't care how many shots bobad and the cult of haters thinks he deserves

Just for fun though...what would it take to make you happy?

Outperforming him?

Aside from ypc, what did ivory beat Ingram in?

Just the number of Saints fans who wanted to see CI with the ball and the number of DBs PRAYING that SOMEBODY in the front 7 tackles him when he got it! :hihi:

If Pierre Thomas played in the same years as Deuce did with AB as QB.. and our 1 RB system.. would he be considered on the same level as Deuce is to us today?

Ingram is a good back, but he doesn't do anything special. He wasn't worth trading back up into the first round to get him, especially when you consider how poor our D has been the last couple of years and how badly we could have used those draft picks on defensive players. I would like to see more production from him this year, including in the passing game.

Also, I dont see the point in comparing Ingram to Richardson. Richardson is a top 10 pick, who was viewed by just about everybody as probably the best running back to come out of college since Adrian Peterson (will he be remains to be seen). Nobody viewed Ingram like that.

Umm, didn't Ingram win the Heismann? I know that individual award given to a player on the best TEAM in college is overrated, but he did win it. The Saint's front office thought he was worth a first AND a second round pick. I'm thinking he was expected to be special!!! Now if only he could live up to those expectations. People are disappointed in Ingram because he cost a first and a second and is delivering less than an UDFA. Seems like a good reason to be disappointed. Maybe the lesson is not to use high draft picks on running backs.

Kris

2 mulligans? For not leading the league in rushing?

Thank goodness mark Ingram doesn't care how many shots bobad and the cult of haters thinks he deserves

Just for fun though...what would it take to make you happy?

Outperforming our UDFA's would go a long way. 5 YPC would go a long way.

I'm not an Ingram hater, never was, never will be (unless he shows character issues).

It's time for Ingram to show us something. Ivory is out of his head now, so no excuses. The sad fact is, if he doesn't have a good year this year, he probably never will. I'm pulling hard for him.

Outperforming our UDFA's would go a long way. 5 YPC would go a long way.

I'm not an Ingram hater, never was, never will be (unless he shows character issues).

It's time for Ingram to show us something. Ivory is out of his head now, so no excuses. The sad fact is, if he doesn't have a good year this year, he probably never will. I'm pulling hard for him.

What is a good year? He's averaging less than 150 carries a season

Why are you being so impatient?

He can be our go to back in a few seasons when drew retires...why does he need to be force fed the ball right now?

What is a good year? He's averaging less than 150 carries a season

Why are you being so impatient?

He can be our go to back in a few seasons when drew retires...why does he need to be force fed the ball right now?

You think we drafted Ingram in Brees' peak years to be the guy to take over the offense in 7+ years? 2 years after his rookie contract is up and when he is just getting up close to the end of his career? Man you think our coaches are ******* stupid.

You think we drafted Ingram in Brees' peak years to be the guy to take over the offense in 7+ years? 2 years after his rookie contract is up and when he is just getting up close to the end of his career? Man you think our coaches are ******* stupid.

Actually...I think our coaches are very smart and plan ahead

There's a reason we drafted brown 2 years before we needed a tackle. There's a reason we drafted Patrick Robinson a year before we needed a corner. There's a reason we drafted vacarro in Jenkins last year on his contract

The staff is very good at planning for the future.

He may not need to step up right now, but he can in the future. Payton has talked on and off for years about staying balanced and that means putting a bigger emphasis on the running game...but everyone knows this is drews team

None of our running backs need to be anything more than facilitators right now

Why do you expect them to be anything else?

You're not dumb...quit acting like RBs play a major role in the offense

Don't get mad at Ingram because we spent 2 picks. It's not his fault

Oh and just an FYI...drew is 34. He likely won't play another 7+ years

If Pierre Thomas played in the same years as Deuce did with AB as QB.. and our 1 RB system.. would he be considered on the same level as Deuce is to us today?

I think so... Pierre has a natural "I've been here before" attitude that you also see in Colston, and that was always visible with Deuce.

Celebrate? Sure... But just do work, and then jog off the field ready to go when they need you again.

My personal opinion is that as of *right now*, we overpaid for Ingram. I'm not saying he can't live up to the hype, and I'm not saying he won't ever be worth the price, but as of yet, we haven't seen a good return on the investment.

At times, he seems to be trying too hard, other times, it's like he's not trying hard enough... Maybe he was still working out lingering injury issues from college... Some leg/knee issues can be bad enough to hinder your progress/learning, but not so bad to keep you off the field. Then figure in the off-season missed with Drew out, the suspensions debacled, and I am OK with him 'coming along slow' I guess... Or at least, I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

For the price however, I fully expected a Steven Jackson type performance.

I want that this year... I love our QB, and I love our receiving corps, but I want that *elite* back that just takes over a game, and ruins the opposing defense.

I'm not sure that Ingram can be that guy, but I think he's got the potential.

He's a Saint though... So he'll have my support until he's retired or until he's moved on to another team.

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom