Does this change Your mind about Ingram?? (1 Viewer)

Saints4lyfe

BORN SAINT
Reaction score
"Ingram, widely regarded as a disappointment or bust by the fan base, has the burden of carrying the Saints’ running game. Though fans are down on him, let’s start by saying he isn’t as bad as one might think. Trent Richardson, a top five pick out of Alabama, is regarded by many experts as one of the up and coming premiere backs in the league. However, when looking at the numbers, one can see that Ingram is slightly better. With roughly the same amount of carries, 278 for Ingram and 267 for Richardson, Ingram actually average more yards per carries at 3.9 versus Richardson’s 3.6. Also, keep in mind that Ingram has only made 9 starts compared to Richardson’s 15. Ingram has one less touchdown and 126 more yards. So right off the bat, Ingram isn’t as bad as the fan base thinks he is." :scratch:

New Orleans Saints offseason: all eyes on Mark Ingram | isportsweb

I"m not and never was an Ingram basher. I actually love the draft pick and what we gave up. However, I was not aware of little stats like this. Especially the touchdowns and yards stats! :plus-un2: Makes my perspective change about his ultimate potential. What about you? (Sorry to the ones who act sour towards Ingram threads. This is my first one so please dont read/respond if it bothers you:ezbill:)

And Cleveland is more of a running team with a less crowded backfield.

That's like saying "Hey, brady quinn was bad, but look at mark sanchez, he should have been good and he was even more awful!".
(no, i'm not comparing those 2 qbs to the 2 rbs, but saying one was not bad by pointing out how one who "should have been" good was even worse than him..well, doesn't work to me)

I like Ingram, looked good last year when him n ivory were both running. I don't really understand the hate except the usual I hate Reggie because I like Pierre or vise vs crowd. They are their own breed

Ingram was a different runner the latter part of last year. I saw him breaking tackles and running tough. At the time I thought he was responding to Ivory's performance but this offseason I had read about some injuries he may have been playing through.

He's got this year to prove it to us and then that'll be it.

I, like all of us, want every player on our team to be a superstar. Reality is, it ain't gonna happen. Still, I thought Ingram was an unnecessary pick and that we could have gotten a better player, even at a need position than Ingram.

Arguably, the easiest position to be successful coming into the league is RB. We've all seen how well our UDFA's have done over the years, and for a 1st round pick to come in and not even measure up to what these UDFA's have done is obviously a disappointment. Ingram has shown mediocre speed, poor vision, no elusivness and really not much power for which he is supposed to be our power back.

Personally, I don't see any improvment coming from Ingram and he will be on another team next year while Tomas, Cadet and Sproles continue to shine on our team.

I, like all of us, want every player on our team to be a superstar. Reality is, it ain't gonna happen. Still, I thought Ingram was an unnecessary pick and that we could have gotten a better player, even at a need position than Ingram.

Arguably, the easiest position to be successful coming into the league is RB. We've all seen how well our UDFA's have done over the years, and for a 1st round pick to come in and not even measure up to what these UDFA's have done is obviously a disappointment. Ingram has shown mediocre speed, poor vision, no elusivness and really not much power for which he is supposed to be our power back.

Personally, I don't see any improvment coming from Ingram and he will be on another team next year while Tomas, Cadet and Sproles continue to shine on our team.

Why do you feel that way but others feel the exact opposite?

It's like leading the team in rushing TDs goes completely unnoticed to some

Trent was also a beast at catching the ball last year. We haven't seen much of that from Ingram yet, but I'm sure Payton will change that this year.

I'm kinda on the fence about Mark. It's really tough to judge him because we haven't seen enough of him. He doesn't seem like a great fit for our offense, but if SP sticks to the plan of having a more balanced attack with power running, we'll see if he can be the man. But I just don't see him ever having the opportunity to touch the ball 25-30 times a game and be a workhorse.

Ingram was a very good pick! 98% of the time he's on the field it's sure fire running play and yet they load up the box and he still averages 3.9 ypc. He should be played with Sproles or PT, like when Duece and Reggie were playing. Pt and Ingram could wear out defense's in the latter part of the game.
I hope Ingram , now that Coach is back, will be used more effectively and we shall see why we went back to get him! Coach sees it , though some of us don't!

Why do you feel that way but others feel the exact opposite?

It's like leading the team in rushing TDs goes completely unnoticed to some

Is it some sort of special accomplishment to get 5 rushing td's. Richardson had 11 TD's by the way. This is a really stupid comparison. I'm not going to knock Ingram, but it's obvious that for us to be contenders this season he has to step it up because he should play a major role in our success.

I like Ingram, but I hate the cost. We could have picked a good defensive player that year and the next, and still got a good RB or 2 in later rounds or UDFA. Any RB you draft in round 1 stands a big chance to be a disappointment. We should pick up RB's in the late rounds and UDFA and let them fight it out for a roster slot. When will we ever learn?

I have defended Ingram before, and he needs to produce this year, not because he might get canned, but because he just needs to.

I hope, yes hope, he can get 15+ carries a game, I hope they dont run him once, pull him out no matter the gain, and he comes back in a quarter later.

Run him hard, not just a sprinkling here and there, thats scheme, not Mark.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom